Regional Convention in Scotland

by The Searcher 33 Replies latest jw friends

• username
    username
    Is that this weekend? Damn I could have come and support the apostate army if I had known! Since I only live 26 miles away!
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Is that this weekend? Damn I could have come and support the apostate army if I had known! Since I only live 26 miles away!

Lol not sure about an "army" as there may only be me and The Searcher..but yeah today was the first day...my friend works in security and I'm gonna try and get a few words with Mark Sanderson, mostly about the Royal Commission in Australia if I'm being honest...

• cantleave
    cantleave

"Is your life really any better since stopping association with JW's?"...Yes out loud I said to the surprise of those seated next to me...............

That's freaking hilarious

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    "Is your life really any better since stopping association with JW's?"...Yes out loud I said to the surprise of those seated next to me...............
    That's freaking hilarious

Well it is true but JW's think you end up suicidal when you leave...even my still-in wife comments how happier and relaxed I am...THAT is the answer to Mr GB's question...although when Mark said there may be inactive ones in the audience who need encouragement I felt 100 eyes on me...I'm like "I choose to be inactive for very definite reasons so leave me alone! I have not drifted"!

• Sabin
    Sabin

Sounds like Mark Sanderson really SUCKS you in with his je-HOOVER talks

• 88JM
    88JM

Haha I totally know what ypu mean notsurewheretogo - I'm trying my hardest to leave and much happier.

That talk made it seem like becoming inactive is just something people do accidentally though, like: "oops, I'm inactive!"

There was that (probabably made-up) experience of the sister who actually made some real friends at work and went horse riding instead of the meetings. I was thinking: "that soinds like fun!"

It really does seem like the most boring convention though, despite their attempts to shoe-horn a video into every talk, like: "oh that bible mentions birds here - lets have a few minutes of stock footage of birds in case you don't know what they look like."

I don't know how you folks with kids stand it in the heat of that auditorium though - I have to go wander outside.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i cant imagine a worse nightmare than to have to attend an assembly again.
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Second day was murder...saw Lett on TV and fathead Sanderson on the platform...enough is enough...I can't stomach anymore...I'm going to wear a shirt tomorrow that says APOSTATE on it...that would be funny!
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the last assembly i ever endured was wembley ( old ) stadium----about '69 or '70 i think.

i vowed i'd never go to another.

i kept my promise.

• 88JM
    88JM

There really were some awful parts today and it was still too damn hot.

That part where the young brother was encouraging his friend was just cringe-worthy.

Did you also notice that sister giving her exprience who was a part-time radiologist at the hospital? Apparently all her "worldly" co-workers are shagging each other. WTF?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit