Moving on

by Introspection 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Introspection
    Introspection

Casper, again there is a difference between leaving the organization and leaving God. It seems to me you already know this, so it's a good start - but there will come the realization. Another way to look at it too is God cannot be limited to a human organization. Those experiences of synchronicity we used to hear about in connection with field service, it happens all the time, all over the place. In a way you may look back on this experience and see it as spiritual growth, because your relationship with God is no longer limited by an organization. Keep this thought in mind if they do end up calling on you.

Mark

• mustang
    mustang

CASPER,

April is supposed to be a month to visit 'inactive ones'. I'm a little surprised that they didn't make it March to warm up the Memorial attendance. This was in the cards, as long as they still know where to contact you. Don't read any extra into that.
    C-O-I-N-C-I-D-E-N-C-E, for once.

Mustang

• crossroads
    crossroads

Just my 2 cents. When I was lost a sweet young lady gave me
    a King James Bible, and I walked around it for a while. But
    when I finally opened it and read well the light came on. So
    if you don't have anything but the NWT. please go get a
    different BIBLE any thats not tied to a certain religion. Ask
    for the "LORDS" spirit to be with you and open it to any part
    of the New Testament. Which ever book the 'SPIRIT" leads
    you to. Trust in the BIBLE the LORD and HOLY SPIRIT throw
    all preconcieved ideas out and just start reading. One verse
    at a time ask whats going on? It won't take long to know
    who's the hearer of prayers and whose name to call on.
    I had my dad get me the witness bible with the greek in
    it side by side franz's version.Jehovah is not their never
    remember it's their publication.
    Faith, Hope, and Love;
    MARK

• crossroads
    crossroads

Just my 2 cents. When I was lost a sweet young lady gave me
    a King James Bible, and I walked around it for a while. But
    when I finally opened it and read well the light came on. So
    if you don't have anything but the NWT. please go get a
    different BIBLE any thats not tied to a certain religion. Ask
    for the "LORDS" spirit to be with you and open it to any part
    of the New Testament. Which ever book the 'SPIRIT" leads
    you to. Trust in the BIBLE the LORD and HOLY SPIRIT throw
    all preconcieved ideas out and just start reading. One verse
    at a time ask whats going on? It won't take long to know
    who's the hearer of prayers and whose name to call on.
    I had my dad get me the witness bible with the greek in
    it side by side franz's version.Jehovah is not their never
    remember it's their publication.
    Faith, Hope, and Love;
    MARK

• outnfree
    outnfree

Casper,

When I sent my private e-mail, I hadn't read down the rest of the thread. (Won't make that mistake again! )

Foremost is this, I think: When you leave what the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society CALLS Jehovah's Organization, you are NOT leaving Jehovah. And what makes you think that Jehovah won't listen if you do pray? You have not rejected God, we see by your posts, just the rules made up by men on matters where the Bible itself is silent.

The Bible DOES say:
    "I earnestly hoped in Jehovah and so he inclined [his ear] to me and heard my cry for help." -- Ps. 40:1
    "Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you." -- James 4:8
    "Be courageous and strong. Do not suffer shock or be terrified, for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9

So don't feel you have to 'face the worries of the world without a higher power.' (And you'll make your own way in finding out just Who that is.)

Second point, you and Mark are correct. The Organization is not loving. It is unified, but NOT loving. It is polite, but not LOVING.
    It is hospitable (to strangers), but not loving. So it's followers cannot be true disiples of Christ can they? -- John 13:34,35 Have trust in what you feel/know to be true about how the others in your life outside the organization are more loving.

Thirdly, perhaps your 13 year old is missing her friends. You said you were. When I told my children that I wasn't going back the most frequently mentioned objection was not over anything doctrinal or even whether or not it was a good decision considering how controlling the organization was. It was, "But then we can't see ____ anymore!" You don't mention the ages of your other children, whether older or younger, but are there activities (dance classes, sports teams, etc) that they've foregone as Witnesses in which they would like to participate? That might help them to make new friends or just help present classmates to know that they're beginning to be free to be regular kids again. My kids are all singing in school choirs, for example, even though there may be patriotic or religious songs as part of the program.

Fourthly, Mustang is correct. The elders are contacting inactive and disfellowshipped ones during the Memorial season. My call came in early March -- with an invitation to the Memorial and a plea that they wanted me to live forever in Paradise, so get back to meetings.
    [8>]. My friend's came about a week ago (she's been inactive for five years). My other disfellowshipped friend hasn't gotten her call yet, but I heard somewhere that elders have been admonished to make certain that they call on all the df'd ones at least once per year. So, not coincidence, but not any "Message from God," either. They're just trying to follow "theocratic order." (= rules from the Org.)

Fifthly, Mark makes another interesting point. 'Jehovah' is nowhere to be found in the original Greek of the New Testament. The citations the Watchtower uses for its justification of inserting the name are from Hebrew translations which themselves arbitrarily inserted YHWH into their translated text because, of course, the Jews are monotheists. The Society makes such a big deal out of ONLY worshipping Jehovah (because of disbeliveing the Trinity) that they forget Philippians 2:9-11. Those Scriptures tell us that it is OK to worship Jesus. (You don't have to believe the Trinity to do so, either!) In fact, acknowledging that Christ is Lord brings glory to God the Father, according to verse 11. The Almighty cannot become less, because Jesus is exalted -- it is God who exalted him.

Lastly, I am not trying to proselytize, even though this message is full of Scripture citations. It is only because you have previously stated that you don't reject most of the WT teachings, that I have tried to use the Bible (NWT) to make you feel more certain of the rightness of your present course. (Reading a different version is also good advice from Mark.)

My advice is to keep praying, keep reading the Bible, keep discussing your new insights with your children. You will find many things are not as you supposed while still in the Organization. Ultimately, you may decide, as some here have done, that the Bible is not God's inspired Word, or that it is not the ONLY record of inspired writings. Keep THINKING! (Hard for us to relearn after years of giving our minds over to the Borg!)

Casper, you're in my prayers.

Outnfree

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

'Therapy is a boat to cross the river, we just have to remember to get off on the other side.'

Carolyn Myss

4/9/200

• Casper
    Casper

Hi Outnfree...

Loved your post, you seem to have it "All Together"....and
    make alot of sense.

For one thing, I live in a small, one horse town, that's
    why I keep running into other JW's.

As for my children, I have a 24 yr. daughter, who I learned
    was only going to the meetings for ME, so she doesn't go
    anymore either. The Elders paid her a visit yesterday...
    and to get to her they gave her the "What about your Children's
    Lives" sermon. Ask if she wanted her Babies to die..!!!! They
    are 2yrs. and the other 4 mo. That made me MAD..that was
    just "Emotional Blackmail".. Didn't seem to bother her too
    much, she just let it roll off her back.

My other daughter is 13, her desire to return to the Hall, has
    to do with the death of her Father. She is afraid she will
    never see him again. Which is what I should expect her to feel,
    since that is what I drummed into her head all her life. Concerning
    the ressurection. I really don't know how to respond to this.

I have thought about everyone's comments concerning prayer, and have
    come to the the conclusion, that I should just go back to the "BASICS"

I prayed to a "God" before becoming a JW...and he seemed to listen
    then. So why not give it a try now. It is scary to me tho, expect
    (from my brain washing) that once I do pray for guidence, there will
    be a dozen JW's at my door..LOL. (Watch the Elders show up just at
    that time....hahaha)

Oh, at this point, I couldn't begin to conceive of the Bible "NOT" being God's word...... That would scare the hell out of me...!!!!!

JW's did a good job on me, didn't they.........but, when all you hear
    for 18 years is what they tell you, your husband and children are JW's
    and all your friends are too....well, it's to be expected.

None of the rest of my family are JW's...and I pulled away from them
    for all that time. Now I sincerely regret that. I see my Mom and
    Dad now and notice, really Notice, how old they have gotten, and
    how much of their lives I have missed.... NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME. Why did I pull away...????
    Because the Elders said to. Worldy you know. My parents and
    Bro. and Sis. never gave me a moments problems with the truth, they
    were just happy that I was alive and doing well. Considering what I
    had been thru. So understanding and loving to me. And here I go
    and have as little contact as possible all those years......That
    makes me so MAD. I am getting off on an tangent here...but, It
    feels good.

Thanks to you all....you are really special.

Noticed some of the "Late Night" posts on here.....So that's how
    you all get things done... I find I've been letting things go
    so I could read all this.... I've got to find "Balance" you know..
    LOL

Casper

• crossroads
    crossroads

Casper
    The great thing about real family[unless they are part of
    the lemings just following all others] is they actually love
    you all the time, no matter what. As for lost time GOD gave
    you today and thats all you have spend it as wisely as possible.
    Reailize HE is right there with you. Remember that little time
    lost with your family is nothing compared to Eternity, and thats what JESUS has promised all of those who call on his name. Have a wonderful day, call everybody in your family up and tell them you love them. I did that one day it sort of left one of
    sisters speechless beause they all know it but who really
    says it. Peace and Love.
    MARK

• crossroads
    crossroads

Casper
    The great thing about real family[unless they are part of
    the lemings just following all others] is they actually love
    you all the time, no matter what. As for lost time GOD gave
    you today and thats all you have spend it as wisely as possible.
    Reailize HE is right there with you. Remember that little time
    lost with your family is nothing compared to Eternity, and thats what JESUS has promised all of those who call on his name. Have a wonderful day, call everybody in your family up and tell them you love them. I did that one day it sort of left one of
    sisters speechless beause they all know it but who really
    says it. Peace and Love.
    MARK

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

>> When my JW husband died, I swore I would never marry a witness again, Not that he was a bad guy, he wasn't, he was sweet as he could be, I just felt that I could never get out of the org. that way.

Ahh... another person who violated God's counsel and is now headed on the road towards destruction.

"Heeding the Bible's warning also spares us the painful consequences that often result when a Christian yokes himself with an unbeliever. There is, for example, the possibility that the unbeliever will turn the Christian mate from serving Jehovah. . . Clearly, Jehovah wants us to get the most out of life. What he asks of us, including his counsel that we not yoke ourselves with unbelievers, is for our good. (Deuteronomy 10:12, 13) To marry an unbeliever is to ignore Scriptural counsel, practical wisdom, and the often painful experience of others." (The Watchtower, 11/1/89 pg. 20-21)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit