How would you answer?

by sunshineToo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I hate hearing, "You left Jehovah? " as if I abandoned God. I get angry. I don't know why. I'm sick of telling them, "No, I haven't left God, but I did leave a false human organization."

What would you say if some jws ask you the same question?

• ugg
    ugg

i don't speak to jw's......

• zolensky
    zolensky

i cant believe that sum1 can be a witness for so long and jus leave the organization and be happy elsewhere.the only reason one is happy is because they can sin all they want to elsewhere, falling straight into satans hands!!!!so when a witness asks that, it is because it is a sin, and you are in the wrong place if u aint in the organization.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Sunshine,

The answer you are currently giving these insensitive clods is an excellent one. If they wish to pursue this a little further, theres a lot of info you can use contained in this forum.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

You can't reason with a fence-post. Just consider the source as one who equates their organization with God and no amount of evidence or reasoning would sway them to believe otherwise. You are your own person and you don't need validation from lemmings.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi sunshineToo,

Usually I answer about the same as you say you do. If it is a quick, snide remark, I will say no, I have not left God, I have left a destructive cult.

If they are really interested, and wish to give me time for a clear answer, I tell them that I am now closer to God and Jesus Christ than I have ever been in my life. I tell them that I spend much more time in ministry than I ever did as a JW, but, this time I enjoy it.

I have told two or three of my JW relatives that, and their remark was, "I know" one of them then went on to say "and why is that" I gave my answer.

Borgfree

• Gig
    Gig

You get angry because of the rediculous contradiction that they try to push on you. They line between God and the WT GB has been removed. A good witness is one who never doubts, never questions, always trusts, and always obeys the Org. The smallest peek into their history would convince anyone with an open mind of the danger. But their minds are closed, all in the name of the Almighty according to the WT, what a terrible irony. They can no longer see the difference. My advice? If you don't want to argue, just reference the Bible, it plainly says to trust God NOT men. I know they have a hundred arguements prepared for you, and in their minds they are well pleasing to Jehovah because of it. It's simple, you insist on the truth. The WT's own instructions (for those possible candidates) is to reject your religion if it hasn't been truthful and/or dishonest. This actually gives me an idea, watch for a new topic soon called "perfect."

Try not to get angry, it only encourages them and makes it easier to dismiss you.

Gig

• JH
    JH

In my case, I didn't leave Jehovah, it's the other way around. Same thing with the org. They let me drift away without reaching out to me.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sunny wrote:

What would you say if some jws ask you the same question?

The question would be: What would I DO?

gb

Edited by - garybuss on 9 December 2002 14:53:37

• metatron
    metatron

I never left Jehovah and he never left me.

easy answer for a pantheist - you can't leave God any more than leaving the universe!

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit