by sunshineToo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

"Expatbrit, you left Jehovah!"

"Oh well, I'm sure he can afford a taxi."

Expatbrit

• YERU2
    YERU2

I think your orignal answer is the best one, said with a smile, and genuine love.

Zol,

Dude, get a life and look around you. The most moral people I know are NOT Jehovah's Witnesses. Should I hold up the model of the JW MS sleeping around on his wife and at the Bar on Friday as my example of the JW norm? How about the one who receives unemployment, yet goes out and works and gets paid under the table, or the one on welfare, but getting almost $400.00 a week from a side job. How about the one who cheats on his taxes, or the one who molests kids, or the Elders that DF the kid for telling because there weren't two witnesses? The Borganization is no "cleaner" than any other.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

I always wondered about all those poor true believers that died over two hundred years ago and did not have the WT or the GB to guide them and tell them how to find and define truth..... Were they apostates?

• Valis
    Valis

"You can't leave that which doesn't exist"...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Valis
    Valis

I always wondered about all those poor true believers that died over two hundred years ago and did not have the WT or the GB to guide them and tell them how to find and define truth..... Were they apostates?

kelsey, this is a question I have posed to my parents and other JWs many times. Say for instance I lived in a place where there were no dubbies, but I read my bible every day, lived a "christian" life, was good to my fellow man via the golden rule. All good so far right? Well, Armageddon comes and i never got the Good News of The Kingdom (TM). Am I gonna die if I never got a knock on the door?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• rebel
    rebel

I say the same thing. I love God and I have decided to obey him as ruler rather than man, which means leaving a man-made organisation with man-made rules and regulations.

I have yet to come across a more dysfunctional set of people as JWs - I should know as I am one of them. I have never seen so many unhappy people, always striving to do more hours, pre-study for meetings, get to all the meetings, mix with the right people etc. They never seem to feel good enough for God and are always doomed to failure. I don't want to be part of that sort of unhappiness any more. I want to serve God joyfully.

• nelly1
    nelly1

the other day i opened my bible and i beleive this is the answer to your question about wether or not we have left god, it is jesus own words on how we gain everlasting life and or gods favour

luke 10 verse 25 -28

now look a certain man versed in the law rose up to test him out and said: "teacher, by doing what shall i inherit everlasting life?" he said to him" what is written in the Law? how do you read?" in answer he said: " you must love jehovah your god with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind and your neighbour as yourself" he said to him: " you answered correctly; ' keep on doing this and you will get life' "

i rest my case

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Nelly you mean the NWT did not insert "You must love the organization with your whole...." to get life? NWT revised circa 2003.

• nelly1
    nelly1

no kelsey but i think if they wanted to they would give it a jolly good go grrrr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit