ex-Brooklyn Bethelites on this site

by James2300 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

James2300 -- Welcome to this board!

I was in Brooklyn Bethel from 1978-1980. I worked in the Publishing Department. Like JT, I also roomed at 107, 124 and Towers, but when I first arrived in the big house I was in the 58 building.

What opened your eyes James2300, to the truth about the truth? Were you DF'd / DA'd or have you just faded from the JW scene?

Edited by - cyberguy on 16 December 2002 21:5:54

• James2300
    James2300

Cyberguy,

Hey, thanks for the words of welcome. As for what opened my eyes, I'm not really sure what prompted me to start viewing things critically. I suppose it was a confluence of a lot of things--hypocracy, problems at Bethel, harshness of Bethel elders, switching to a Spanish congregation and "starving spiritually" from the adjustment period, dissatisfaction with Bethel life, buying a book on logic, outside reading, etc. Whatever started it, I began researching the "truth" anew about 9 months before I left Bethel. I wanted to prove it to myself over again. After some serious study about the reasons for my faith, I found that there were a lot of inconsistencies in Society doctrine. Then, I began to read from "apostate" sites and was shocked about a lot of things regarding JW history and operations. At Bethel, I could see that a lot of observations about the "work" were true. I was also able to research JW history through the publications at the Bethel library as well as by talking to older ones at Bethel. Most of the accusations by "apostates" that I read were true. By then, it went all out the window.

James

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Did you know anybody in Bethel 1999-2001 named Sydney James Rudolph from Central Cali?

Email me if so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit