ex-Brooklyn Bethelites on this site

by James2300 22 Replies latest jw friends

• James2300
    James2300

Hey everyone,

I've never posted on any of these site before but I thought this might be worthwhile. I was at Brooklyn Bethel from 1998-2001. I worked in the Laundry. If there are any other ex-Brooklyn boys, I'd love to see if I have any connection to you.

Thanks everyone,

James

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Did you know anybody named Joshua orJake B. They lived by the Watchtower Farm but I believe one or both went to Bethel? Their JW family entertained a lot of out of towners. Josh was the oldest. I heard he was disfellowshipped... but not sure of his status now.

They were raised in NY. Dad owned a cab company ?

Snoozy....

• JT
    JT

I used to live in 107, 124 and Towers

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I was there in the early 90's. A bit before your time. I lived in the projects (107). Anyone else here that was in Bklyn in the early 90's?

• proandcon
    proandcon

Golden Girl...I know both Josh and Jake B very well...Josh is not df...he lives with is wife in Georgia. Jake was df'd twice...once in NY...then reinstated...then again in Richmond Va where he now lives...the B family still lives near the KH in NY...maybe I know you too...let's talk...

• fulano
    fulano

You have to know me James....that Dutch missionary from the DR, that would organize latin dance parties!!!! WHO ARE YOU???

• James2300
    James2300

Hey fulano,

Umm, you don't exactly ring a bell. I met a lot of missionaries from the Dominican Republic--most of them worked in the Laundry while up at Brooklyn for health leave. I also went to a lot of latin dance parties, but only out in my congo. (I was in Whitney Avenue spanish.) I guess the only thing I can tell you is that I worked in the Laundry. Who are you??

• onacruse
    onacruse

<------suspects that when I was at Bethel (69-70) you were not thinking about cleaning dirty laundry, just making dirty laundry

Was Ken what's-his-name still in charge of the Brooklyn laundry in the 90s?

Craig

PS: Any of you ever know a Nathan Mills?

• James2300
    James2300

Craig,

Um, Bob Raines was in charge of the Brooklyn laundry during the late 70's (now on the Operations Committee). Steve Edelman came to Bethel around 1980 and has been in charge of the laundry from 1983-present.

Hope this helps,

James

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

i was in brooklyn from 93 - 98. worked in Purchasing/Brooklyn Warehouse....

I remember the name Nathan Mills - would remember the face if I saw him...

do you know Micah Barlow? Miss that guy like CRAZY. He was one of my closest friends...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit