Dad is gone

by jack2 54 Replies latest jw friends

• jack2
    jack2

Thank you so much Dana, Matty, and Chris.

The replies to this thread have, in addition to providing comfort and friendship, also enlightened me as to what many members here have been through and the losses that they have suffered. I feel for all of you, for indeed we have all endured loss of some kind.

• Makena1
    Makena1

(((Jack)))

Very sorry to hear about your father - may you find some comfort in the memory of his good life. Sounds like you and he had a wonderful relationship - that is a blessing!

My dad past away earlier this year - nearly 89 years old. Unfortunately he and I hardly spoke over the last 4 years. In a way, it made it easier to handle his passing, but it certainly is not the way I wanted things to end.

Enough about me - please take care of yourself and your family and stay strong!

All best,

Mak and Sabine

• jack2
    jack2

Makena and Sabine, thank you!

I am sorry to hear about your dad, and also sad that things were not good with regard to communication in your relationship.

Today was the funeral and things went well as far as funerals are concerned.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Today must have been one of the hardest days in your life, Jack. I truly wish you comfort , although I know it is not easy and there will be hard days to come.

Know that we all are thinking of you and send our love to you and your family.

LyinEyes and WildTurkey

• jack2
    jack2

Dede , thanks so much, and please say thanks to WT for me too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit