Is God just teasing us?

by joannadandy 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ballistic
    ballistic

In other words, God is not bound by time which he created... don't yousee?

• rem
    rem
    I see it this way... time and space are the same thing, think of it as a 'lump'. God knows the past and future and all space (I say because he is that lump, but lets just say he knows all of it).
    In other words, God is not bound by time which he created... don't you see?

huh? He created himself?

rem

Edited by - rem on 10 December 2002 21:9:18

• ballistic
    ballistic

Rem, I think everyone agrees God created time. Even people that only understand him creating space are learning through modern science that time and space are one thing. Come on now.

That there is no universe and that we are inside of God is a seperate philosophy. The important point was that God is not bound by time which he created.

• archangel01
    archangel01

hello everyone

heres a throught

The first sin was in the spirit realm. That angel later known as satan raised a big Q.Does man serve God because his ways are just or would they do better on their own.Well Adam & Eve both knew from God already that eating of that one tree was death.So they were forewarned.Plus If you read cha 3 of Genesis it said that the serpent proved to be the most cautious of all the wild beasts etc.Adam & EVE knew that as well.So maybe God looked into the future just alittle to know what that angel was going to do then stopped.So God wanted to see what his kids would do with out him alway having to check up on them(looking in the future).So it was a shock to God just like when we read the story today.So God did the just thing and looked into mans future to look for the way out afterward. An what shock Satan was the fact that God would give his ONLY son as a ransom to buy back life for ADAM and EVE and there RACE(US). Yes adam & eve had to do there time for what they did, but it wasn't really adam or eves fault because they would have never ate if someone didn't trick them.Jesus buys back what adam lost ,so adam as well as miss eve will come back to life because they already paid for there sin/sins with death and that seed (Jesus) is why them and mankind will have a second chance. Because if adam or eve doesn't come back then we should never even be here(BEEN BORN) (ALL OF US) because we all share in adams sin like it or not.We are all bound by the same sin.Once everyone is perfect and sinless then if you do sin it will be just YOU who gets judgement and no one else plus there is no more ransom to buy back anything so you better be GOOD or be really SORRY.The Bible NEVER said adam &eve were unrepented or repented.But think about it I don't think God would let them live 930yrs if they didn't have a change of heart.So its good reason that they will come back.

Edited by - archangel01 on 10 December 2002 21:19:5

• ballistic
    ballistic
    So God did the just thing and looked into mans future

archangel God exists outside of time, he does not need to do this.

• Sirona
    Sirona

It bugs me that this whole thread is full of people putting God into a human form.

Ballistic has a point. God is not bound by linear time.

Sirona

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    Rem, I think everyone agrees God created time.

Not true. There are many people who don't even believe there is a god. As has been asked before with no answer forthcomeing from believers, who created god?

• Navigator
    Navigator

Ballistic

Very insightful! Just because our perspective is limited, we assume that God's is too. I recall once flying low level through the mountains in West Virginia. On a very winding road in a mountainous area, I saw two cars on opposite sides of the mountain traveling in opposite directions. With my perspective of some 1000 ft. in the air, I could predict with some certainty that they would meet in a few minutes. In effect, and even though I am bound by time just as they were, I saw their future because my perspective was not limited by the mountain.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

I remember thinking about this "omniscient" vs "selective knowledge" thingy as I was leaving the JW's. The main reasons JW's probably adopted this teaching is (1) it removes God from blame and (2) it allows free-will that is unpredicatable.

It seems that the Christian God would have to be completely omniscient though. How can you decide what not to know, if you don't know what it is???

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    How can you decide what not to know, if you don't know what it is???

If the believers in god's selective foreknowledge have an answer to this one, I'd like to hear it. I'm sure they'll just ignore your question. What else can they do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit