Is it Love?

by donkey 24 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Perhaps belief in God is lust as well, the lust for eternal life.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Lust for eternal life?

The thing about this life being eternal; I don't think that would be the best thing for me. In fact this life being eternal for me that would be hell. I don't ask for it. If life ends with a great sleep and that is all; Larc, that is all I know. My past and future are now. I have no way to go back or forward. I have faith that with each second another will follow but have no illusion that one day that faith will be shattered when my heart stops. I don't know what will happen after that; but, that is OK. Like when I sleep (Which is not often) I am not afraid that I will not wake up. I see death as the same thing only a little more final. My love in God is the hope that we as humans will one day learn that we have every capacity to create our own way in this life. Idelogy is the illlusion. Faith is the solution. As it is said by anothers quote, "I can keep explaining it but that does not mean I can make you understand it." (Or me)

What if there is not a god, a heaven or a hell. What is this then? I hope that we learn to love as much as we can because nothing else matters. Calling lust love is a way to subjegate people by convincing them that to be loved you have to seek approval of others. Thus the birth of a supermanbeing called god to seek the approval of; to lust after. And then you need men who know this god so to seek their approval. And the marry goes round and round.

Christ kept telling people "You faith has healed you." and "You faith will set you free." That seems pretty clear to me. Maybe the christ is a sham. So what, the theroy is still there, and that changes nothing for me. My faith sets me free. Free to love though kindness, helping and wanting the best for people. It's not a bad way to live.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

How about people who fall in love over the internet?

That person is not really there, and yet people fall in love all the time because of what they read and what they precieve this person to be...

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

The central nervous system does not distinguish between real and imagined events.

Thinking about biting into a juicy sour lemon wedge, makes a person salivate real saliva.
    (Even though they didn't really bite into a big juicy sour lemon).
    This is why visualization and meditation techniques work so well with athletes and actors alike.
    This is why fears can get such a grip on a person. (like a person being scared at the mere thought of a spider or a snake)

So, the healthy mind does not differentiate much between real and imagined events/feelings/experiences.
    The schizophrenic mind even less so.

That said, no I do not consider it real love, mainly because I do not consider the schizophrenic mind to be real healthy.

However, to the schizophrenic it is real. And that is what matters, i'd like to think.

In the few schizophrenic cases i've known well enough to comment on,
    emotion as the *average* person knows it, was stagnant or something.
    Love just wasn't part of their emotional vocabulary. Maybe mainly just cuz they were too busy trying to merely survive.
    I dunno.

SPAZ

Edited by - SPAZnik on 8 December 2002 20:8:37

• Francois
    Francois

Some of you know that I was in relationship with a woman for six years who had multiple personality disorder. The "alternate" personality that initiated the relationship between us was not "real" in the sense that real is defined in this discussion. For that matter, the "presenting" personality wasn't real either. None of the alters was real. Yet I loved the alternate that initiated the relationship with a real and intense love. Later a similiar relationship developed between myself and the presenting personality. Were either of these relationships real? They certainly felt real to me. However, with therapy, and years of it, all the alters were combined into the presenting personality. Was she now more real than she'd always been?

This is really a sticky issue. It didn't matter to me that the alters weren't real in the normal sense of the word. I loved them anyway.

More questions than answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit