Question for those still attending...is anyone talking?

by ToesUp 44 Replies latest jw friends

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe
    A congregation we share the hall with actually had an elder comment during the meetings that the brothers should not tune into news or net cover on Jw's as it just negative publicity. Which means he's aware of it and hope his comments backfire on him and get the curios searching. This especially since we have'nt had any news coverage here about it.
  • dozy
    dozy

I casually checked with a couple of JW relatives & they hadn't heard of it & were totally disinterested. I mentioned that the Royal Commission were investigating JWs & quite a few elders & Aussie branch members were getting interviewed & maybe even Jackson of the GB would be called in and they just said that it would be an opportunity for a "good witness" like the Apostle Paul to the Roman governor. Yeah - right......

They closed the brief conversation by saying that if the GB wanted us to hear about it they would doubtless mention it in the Watchtower or on the website. I just sighed & gave up because I knew it would just lead to another huge argument & I wasn't in the mood. With my JW relatives I have to be very careful as they are die hard WTBTS loyalists & very very defensive about the Org...

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    smiddy4 hours agoThe fact that the general public is getting this information will surely prevent more people from joining this religion , the more people these expose`s reach the better it is..
    Just my 2 cents worth
    smiddy

Good point and totally agree.

• the comet
    the comet
    I brought it up with a relative, asked them if they had heard what was going on in Australia? They hadn't of course. When I told them all I got was "where did you read that?"And then "it's negative! Why would you talk about that?" They didn't want to talk about it. I asked them if I heard a news story about a safety recall on their car, should I not bring it up because it's a negative story about something they like?? I got a dirty look and the subject was changed.
  • Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

What I don't get is how the Christian God would prefer a church that protects child abusers and makes children vulnerable to them, but that Satan runs a system that protects children and prosecutes abusers.

It's the wrong way around.

Maybe the JW's Jehovah is everyone else's Satan? He is 'The Deceiver' after-all.

Alternatively, the WTS are just people who've f'd up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit