Question for those still attending...is anyone talking?

by ToesUp 44 Replies latest jw friends

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Keep in mind that a large portion of Jim Jone's followers followed him to the bitter end whether by choice or intimidation by those eager to follow him to their deaths. When deeply ingrained indoctrination is coupled with a desperate need for acceptance, love and duty it's a spell not easily broken. Those JWs who are of this mindset will defend the Org to the bitter end.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Totally agree SSC.

I think whether they are willing to admit it or not, most R&F witnesses would not want to know if the JW religion was not the truth and there was something seriously wrong with it. That presents a big problem. No matter what goes wrong their are those (and I believe it is a lot of them) that will stick it out, and choose comforting ignorance over uncomfortable truth.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    freemindfade
    No matter what goes wrong their are those (and I believe it is a lot of them) that will stick it out, and choose comforting ignorance over uncomfortable truth.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

lets get real folks.

jw's are less than point one % of the population.

so this investigation is of zero interest to 99.99% of the population--so it just isnt newsworthy.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    lets get real folks.
    jw's are less than point one % of the population.
    so this investigation is of zero interest to 99.99% of the population--so it just isnt newsworthy.

All due respect but I would say you are very wrong there stan livedeath

.. 99% of the population might not be interested in joining JW's.. but a very large number of the population would definitely be interested in seeing the org exposed for what it really is and to see it pulled apart at the seams by professionally trained, acute and objective legal minds.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    stan livedeath

I think it is important to the JW kids who hear something and do some research online.

If it only woke up a handful it would be worth it, the more info that is on the internet the better.

The rest of the world could care less. But a lot of people have woken up from this issue, so this is just more light (not not be confused with nulight) shinned on it.)

Its good for anyone that reads it and snaps them out of the cult.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My moms already shunning me from an article on fb about religion response to child abuse. Other religions were picked on (her words) too, but jws led the article.

I think most jws are unable to hear such things so they think that if I or you just shut up, no one would notice what the org is up to.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty
    I am JW and I listened to all the days of the live streaming videos on the RC website. JW friends in Australia tell me they are sad with the whole situation and hope our policies improve where they need to.
  • barry
    barry

nitty-gritty I'm not a JW but I believe you have the right attitude for change from what you have admitted.

The RC shouldn't be thought of as the big boogieman. After listening to the RC it is very clear there are problems and if these problems are fixed there will be far less problems into the future. Sometimes we all suffer with the sin of pride.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My thoughts on this is , I don`t really care too much if die-hard J.W.`s don`t pay any attention to the R.C. and don`t believe it to be true.

The fact that the general public is getting this information will surely prevent more people from joining this religion , the more people these expose`s reach the better it is..

Just my 2 cents worth

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit