ROYAL COMMISSION: ARE JWS TAUGHT TO REFRAIN FROM SWEARING ON THE BIBLE OR NOT? JW.ORG PLEASE EXPLAIN!

by steve2 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• rebel8
    rebel8

I recall dubs not willing to swear on a translation other than their own.

But not doing any oath because all oaths are Pagan? Can't say I remember that now.

Marriage vows and baptismal oaths seem to be ok with them.

Also, I believe there was an oath for becoming a pioneer.

• smiddy
    smiddy

This swearing on the Bible was a no no when I was a witness 1960----1993 and elders doing this at the hearing caught my attention .

Vin Toole is an outright liar claiming not to know about theocratic warfare ,

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2
    Perhaps there are local variations. In my JW circle, taking an oath or swearing on any Bible was considered a pagan practice and those who did so were viewed as "weak" (as when Witnesses appeared before the court due to refusal to do compulsory military service.
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Are they swearing on the silver sword?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Just another fantastic example of how f**ked up this org is. The men in very high positions of responsibility don't know their own written policy. LOL! Stupidity abounds in this org. and what really haunts me is that I was part of it, having to call the 'legal department' before we could make a decision on child molesters! Holy s#*t! Are these guys in Australia calling the 'legal department' to find out if they can swear on the bible? When this is all finished, I hope that they are swearing AT the bible!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit