Elders Spying on JWs

by Yizuman 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• nelly1
    nelly1

testing

• nelly1
    nelly1

oh boy we had one of those in our cong, there was this elderly sis whos husband went to another cong than her altho they lived together and they slept in sep beds wel this one elder decided to spy on them to find out why, so he got a psychiatric nurse whos a sis to spy on her to find out the gories and report back to him, i know this to be fact because the nurse told me hed asked her to do that, well after she did this elder proceeded to spread the most malicious gossip and that poor sister he told her right in the hall that people were not going to meetings because of her,

he said to her that she didnt have jahs spirit anymore and to leave the cong as soon as possible well that poor sister she was so distressed she just wanted to commit suicide, i felt so sorry for her, i tried to comfort her, this elder is an arogant pig, he set me up too u can read abt that in my first post in experiences, he loves to dig on people its like oxygen to him, hes the biggest egotistical *&*&^%% i ever met, i have seen him drive around to spy on people who are in question to be doing something wrong, he follows them, he is on a huge power trip and youd think he was jehovah himself the way he acts. the only comfort is that our creator will deal with him when the time is right and il be right there enjoying every last moment of it with no sympathy at all, i cant beleive that people like him are allowed to do what he does, and hes very fond of yelling at sisters right in the main hall and no one but no one ever says a word in defence, makes me want to puke.... so yes there are many many brothers who like to spy, they wanna catch someone so they can feel and look more righteous!!!!!! bleh bleh bleh

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Sounds like that elder needs to be caught outside someones window some night, by the police, or worse yet, be caught by a jelouse, non-jw husband, and have his ass kicked.

• rebel
    rebel

I was told by a brother in my cong that an elder actually 'stakes out' forums like this. He wants to see if he recognises anyone's details who might be either in his circuit or even congregation. This elder used to be in a neighbouring congregation but moved up north (England) but the brother who told me is a good friend of his and was told this is what he does. The elder thinks he is doing a good work. Who knows - he may even be reading this!

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn
    I never knew if there was any kind of "points" system for their kind of work. But what do the Elders earn from all the work? I mean, they gotta be motivated by something to do all this work.

1. Brownie points with higher-ups leading to promotions or Bethel.
    2. They're Peeping Toms.
    3. " arrogant bastards who think they're obeying God's laws so human laws (#2) don't apply to them.
    4. Insecurity so if they can root out sinners they feel more justified in their own failings.
    5. Inspires fear when innuendo's enough to get someone canned.
    6. Turns everyone (or many) into the elder's snitches so the dirty work's done for them.
    7. Control freaks.

I second Trauma-Hound's wish. Imagine it hitting the paper that Elder So-and-So was busted for peeping in windows! Or his butt is kicked and the homeowner's told about it while the peeper's still down for the count and he holds him for the police.

• rocky220
    rocky220

Oh yeah......elders are pieces of work alright, 1978, I just got my first apartment. Had to for the sake of peace between my JW mom and me. After being inactive since 1975, with no desire to continue in the Borg, I fell in love and got pregnant. War was declared in my house....elders coming in and out, mom carrying on, stressing me out.....I loss the baby,but oh no mom just had to figure I had an abortion, well here we go again, calling the elders back to the house. After I got good and sick of it, I moved 4 blocks away, [not far enough it seems]. After telling my mom not to give out my address to ANYONE....she did it anyway. The first week in my apt. was great! peace and quiet!, but one Sat. I had to work, and my kitchen window had a broken lock, landlord took too long in fixing it....oh, dont you know the same day a sister's son went with my key to fix it, left to my job to give me the key, I got home, 2 seconds after I put my bag down, I got a knock on the door....quess who??? yep, tweedle dee, tweedle dum and tweedle dummer, asking me why was that man coming out of my house with a key! I simply told them it was none of their concern, and Bro S. said," You know what this means?", I responded," I really dont care anymore what you think, do what you need to do, you obviously made up your minds anyway!". So, being df"d was no great loss to me, but poetic justice came through, that Bro.S. I mentioned was later DF'd and still is 'til this day!

rocky220[of the Good to be Out of the Borg Class]

Edited by - rocky220 on 7 December 2002 11:49:39

• TR
    TR

This reminds me of the elder visit I got after 3 years of silence and no visits. First question out of Bruce Hondle's mouth; "Are you smoking?" I avoided the question and proceeded to blast the WTS for an hour while he and his sidekick, Alan Osborne looked at me in horror. LOL!

TR

• Scully
    Scully

Wouldn't it be funny if some of these elders on "stake-outs" were called into the cops as "stalkers" and "peeping toms"??

I've had this kind of thing happen to me too. The only time that I became aware of it was they used an inexperienced, new sister. They'd told her it would be kind of her to pay me a visit while I was sick and look around to see if they could find anything that might be demonized that was making me depressed. Her questions were so obvious LOL "So, have you been to any garage sales lately??" No. "Errrmmm, well what about second-hand shops??" No. "Oh. Be right back, I need to use the loo." Hears bedroom door opening EXCUSE ME, the LOO is the OTHER DOOR! She rushes back downstairs. "Ooops sorry, false alarm.... I see you're taking some prescription drugs, are they really making you feel better??"

Every time I had to excuse myself from the room - to get the coffee, change the baby, etc - I'd come back to find her snooping on the book shelves or in my cupboards. Finally, after about an hour, I told her I had to go lay down because I was getting exhausted. As she was on her way out the door, I smiled and asked her if she found what she'd been looking for. She was SO BUSTED! I knew exactly what she had been up to, and she didn't know how to reply. Someone who'd merely been making a social visit wouldn't have been so snoopy (especially when they'd never done it before). She just got beet red, and practically ran out the door.

I guess she told them I had deeminz because I had developed the ability to see what she was up to. LOL I laughed my ass off after she left.

Love, Scully

• Lin
    Lin

LOL TraumaHound! Here in Texas we shoot first and don't waste our time with questions later! LOL Maybe some of these jerk-off elders are lurking outside windows to learn a thing or two of what they're missin! LOL Or, maybe they're just out there...jerkin off! Doh!!!

• ugg
    ugg

shudder,,,,,this is all so awful.....i have seen it also,,,it is scarey what they will do...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit