Elders Spying on JWs

by Yizuman 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I hear crazy stories about Elders spying on the congregational members. I even hear of stake outs on member's homes.

Anybody have any stories about Elders doing crazy stuff that you have seen them do or even heard about from others? Meaning Elders trying to catch members being in the wrong?

David A. Reed, I think had his house staked out I think, if memory served me right when he was publishing his "Comments from the Friends" newsletters/magazines while he was still a member before he got df'ed and mailed them outside of the state to all of the members that was listed in his KH's phone/address book. They busted him coming home. I need to reread his story, but it was interesting.

• Lin
    Lin

Yeah, I've heard lots of stories like that too. Elders lurking outside couples bedroom window trying to catch them having oral sex, Elders doing "stake-outs" from down the street trying to catch people in affairs etc. I even heard a story a long time ago about some elders that followed a guy for a couple of days believing the guy must be sleeping with some girl he was seen with, and they weren't married etc; The elders confronted the guy about it and learned that it was the guy's cousin from overseas visiting. Those idiot elders didn't have anything on the guy, no hand holding, no kissing, no nothing; he was simply seen with a lady and was seen sort of putting his arm around her while she walked in a restaurant while he held the door open for her. Oh man! What a sin that was! Doh!!!!

• shera
    shera
    Elders lurking outside couples bedroom window trying to catch them having oral sex

Sick......

I have never heard of it,but I believe it........nothing surprizes me any more regarding the WTS.

• JT
    JT

stake out- yep

we did a couple of them on young folks having wild parties that was reported to the body-

i was suppose to be on a stake out of a single sister suspected of seeing a man- i had to be out of town that weekend so 2 other elders did it

a number of CO have been on stakeouts as well

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Yep- stake outs happen all the time. How do you think they get enough dirt on someone to call "the meeting"?

I was asked to spy on folks in my age group and reprort back to an Elder, too. I respectfully told old Bro. Ken ****** to pack sand and do his own shadow work. Unless he wanted to pay me $200 a day (plus expenses) I wasn't trailin anybody.

HB (the Jim Rockford class)

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I never had a problem with the elders spying on me, but I did have a problem with other witnesses my age spying on me and snooping through my stuff to try to 'catch' me doing some something wrong.

• JT
    JT

What is the scriptual basis for spying, well the following is the bible basis as presented by Kent Karras the CO i had:

numbers 25: 7,8

And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;

25:8
    And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her belly. So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel.
  • Swan
    Swan

Hillbilly wrote:

Unless he wanted to pay me $200 a day (plus expenses) I wasn't trailin anybody.

HB (the Jim Rockford class)

LOL!

Very funny!

• Gopher
    Gopher

JT,

That quote from Numbers 25:7, 8 has nothing to do with spying or secret surveillance (as you probably know).

Verse 6 of the same chapter says about the Israelite fellow "he was bringing NEAR TO HIS BROTHERS a Midianite woman BEFORE MOSES' EYES and BEFORE THE EYES OF ALL THE ASSEMBLY OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL....".

If everyone sees a very public thing, then it's not spying. It's merely observing the obvious!!

How many circuit overseers made up their own rules!! I'd be rich if I could have a dollar for every time I heard a circuit overseer spout his own opinion.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

So, with all these stake outs the Elders so and df them afterwards. I never knew if there was any kind of "points" system for their kind of work. But what do the Elders earn from all the work? I mean, they gotta be motivated by something to do all this work. I know they can be promoted from Elder to CO or whatever rank it was after the rank of Elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit