Chocolate chip cookie (Need killer recipe)

by Cappuccino OC 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Calling all gourmet dessert cooks,

I forgot my friend's birthday. He's becomming a father figure to me. He & my mom sent me a dozen pink roses for my birthday last month. I feel terrible. My mom told me that he loves chocolate especially "chocolate chip cookies".

I'm flying down south & will see my mom & him. I thought I'd could bake some cookies, wrap them up in a pretty box & give them to him @ the airport. He & my mom just got engaged & the wedding will be the first weekend in January. They both purchased airplane tickets for my daughter and I.

I've been overwhelmed with graduate school & all the other stuff (info on other of my threads). I'm not sure if anyone could help me out with a killer chocolate chip recipe. My cast came off two days ago and I should be able to bake cookies.

If anyone has a Yummy cookie recipe that includes chocolate would you be willing to share it with me & everyone on this forum?

Thank you,

Capp

PS. FYI -- My mom is now an inactive JW. The elders starting hounding her last week. They want to DF for going on with her life after she divorced her pedophile JW hubby. So my mom's financee has been a gift from heaven for her & all of our family.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's one I found on the NET. (Drool, drool)

http://www.skyport.com/rogue-press/chocchip/ucccr.htm

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here it is! The truly great chocolate chip cookie recipe. Rumored to me to originally have been the template for the cookies sold by one of those fancy New York Department stores. I can't divulge my source (mainly because I don't remember it), but here it is, pared down to workable size for you to enjoy!

3/4 cupButter
    1/4 cupLard
    1 cupWhite Sugar
    1 cupBrown Sugar
    2Eggs
    1 tspVanilla
    2 cupUnbleached Flour
    2 1/2 cupsOatmeal (thoroughly blended)
    1 tspBaking Soda
    1 tspSalt
    1 tspBaking Powder
    12 oz Milk Chocolate Chips (one bag)
    4-6ozFinely Grated Chocolate Bar
    1 1/2 cupChopped nuts (very optional)

First some note on the ingredients. The oatmeal should be run though a blender until it is very fine. The chocolate bar that you need to grate is the kind you buy to eat on the way home from the grocery store, use your favorite, but you will need to buy a pretty big one. Chocolate also grates easier if it is nice and cold.
    For the recipe, start out by creaming the butter and lard (you can vary the ratio of these a little) with the sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and oatmeal, then mix it into the batter. Thoroughly mix in the grated chocolate bar, then add in the chocolate chips (and nuts if you like.)
    Bake as usual, at about 375 degrees for roughly 10 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.

Edited by - Gopher on 6 December 2002 11:49:47

• Lutece
    Lutece

Hmmm,

I usually just use the recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse package. The main thing is to use good chocolate, use the Nestle, or grab some Ghirardhelli double chocolate chips, yummy! Use butter, they come out chewier and add some coconut flakes, delish! Make them "gourmet" by dipping half in melted white or regular chocolate and then dip the chocolate covered end in some chopped nuts or something. Oh, and for a gift he can use later, make up a batch of "cookies in a jar" mix for him when he gets the urge to bake one evening.

http://midmichweb.com/yochef/chocodeco.htm Practice a couple times so you get the time right and you'll just die over how good these chocolate oozing cakes are, fattening, but worth the indulgence for someone special once in a great while.

You've made me hungry now. Wonder if I have any ice cream still in the freezer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• logical
    logical

you want a killer recipe? just add cyanide to the mixture

• Mulan
    Mulan

The one with the grated chocolate bar, already posted, is very similar to the Mrs. Field's recipe. It is a great recipe. You can do the same thing with sweet or semi-sweet baking chocolate, and it grates easier, not so crumbly.

Personally, I like half the chocolate chips, and a little more nuts, but that's just me.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

This is out of my Mrs. Field's Best Ever Cookie book:

Double-Rich Chocolat Cookies

2-1/2 Cups All purpose flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder

1 C. (packed) dark brown sugar

3/4 C. granulated sugar

2 sticks (1 C) salted, butter softened

3 large eggs

2 tsp. vanilla extract

12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (~2 C)

Yield: about 4 dozen

Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix well w/a wire wisk and set aside.

In a large bowl, blend sugars w/an electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and beat to for a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.

Add the flour mixture and chocolte chips, and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies w/spatula to cool, flat surface.

Nuttin' says lovin like something from the oven!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks Scoot............I had lost that one. I like the cocoa powder one too (this one).

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mulan wrote:

a little more nuts, but that's just me.

You are what you eat!! So that explains why you're a bit nutty.

• jazbug
    jazbug

That recipe supposedly came from Neiman-Marcus or Marshall Fields but I heard recently that it was a rumor...however, THESE ARE THE BEST COOKIES IN THE WORLD.

I used Crisco shortening instead of the lard tho as I sometimes have Crisco in my kitchen but never buy lard.

Good luck with your project.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

My Favorite chocolate chip cookies are in the bakery section of Costco, they also have double chocolate and white chocolate with macadamian nuts which are to die for!!!

If your gonna make them at home the Best chocolate chip cookies I've made are from the recipe right on the Toll House cookie bag. I add a lil extra vanilia and some Almond extract!!!! that's my lil secret!!!! AND DONT OVER COOK THEM, I like them gooey not hard!!!!

OHHH here's a great easy recipe for the Easiest Great Fudge ever

1 bag semi sweet choc cips
    1 can sweet & condesed milk

pour both in microwave bowl and heat for 3 min. Take out and stir. Stir in Vanilia or any other flavor you want, like orange, mint or a liquor. Serve hot over ice cream or cheese cake or pour in brownie pan on parchment paper and let it set up.

they are sooo rich and creamy everyone will think you spent forever over a double broiler, I made this once and it was requested almost everytime we had a party. You'll luv it!!! You can also mix it up by using diff chips like half white choc have choc or peanut butter or butterscotch chips just watch your ratios and go krazy!!!

Ven

Edited by - VeniceIT on 6 December 2002 14:47:4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit