I'm new, too!

by emeril1BAM 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Congratuations on not getting baptized. I was baptized when I was 12 and didn't have the sense to leave until I was 42. Now my family shuns me.

• target
    target

Leah:

WELCOME! I, too, found that this forum validated my feelings that something was seriously wrong with the borg. Even though I could not be a part of it anymore (I just couldn't force myself to go to one more meeting) I still wondered "if they were right". Everything I learned here made me sure I had done the right thing by walking away.

I, too have been drawn to the metaphysical. I have no interest in belonging to another religion. I see the metaphysical as a larger understanding of what life is all about. There are several other members here who share that view.

Welcome to the family.

Target

• emancipated
    emancipated

I think Leah has left never to return. Or not.

• rebuilding94
    rebuilding94

Hi emeril1BAm

Im new to this site too , a big welcome from me . I think that you will see that this site is the place to be, I feel the feel the common bond here is understading and compation .

• pandora
    pandora

Hi Leah

I love Emeril too!!! Addicted to FoodTV.

Welcome to the board. Our stories are very similar. Never baptised. Thank God! HAHA! Left when I was 17 or so. Thought it was the truth until I was 30. My mother? Very devout. Still.
    But I have Sisters too. We all left. All, but my mom. Recently lost one of my sisters due to her being reassimulated. She and my mother are very happy now.
    If you wanna talk, Just email me.
    -P(J)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

You will find lots of friends here Leah...I'm glad you found this place it will help a lot!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Emeril,

Welcome to the board, and BAM!

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Emeril1bam: Welcome to the board. I had my "awakening" this past February. It was a shocker, to say the least. To find out that "God's organization" is just made of men hungry for power and prestige is gut wrenching. Especially since many of us spent our whole youth toiling for this false religion. I think of all the possibilities that could have been mine had I never fallen for this tripe. However, I am beginning to heal from the destructive reasoning that the JW's implanted in my mind. This religion is fodder for the mentally ill because it makes a lot of people paranoid. You know, the whole world and the "Devil" is out to get us. Why, I can't figure out why such constant paranoid propaganda would lead to mental illness.

When the borg mafia started to go after my family I had had enough. It was because of me that my family embraced this religion. Now, my thanks from the keystone elder cops was to attempt to disfellowship my grown child for, get this, telling the truth. I'm glad that you will avoid all that pain. All I want to do is to live and enjoy life. I refuse to any longer sacrifice my life, happiness, and health to these megalomaniacal monsters. What, me bitter, nah! LOL.

You will find, if you haven't already, that the WT's claim that all non JW's are bad association and "worldly" is a lie. Since opening my eyes I have discovered many caring, kind, and loving individuals who aren't evil, wicked, or devil worshippers. Wow! Who'd a thunk it. So, let the shunsters shun, yeah those dumbsters are dumb. So, I say let all us funsters have fun and maybe even enjoy life. Welcome, and may the borg not be with you. (I fear that I am possessed by Dr. Seuss)

Mr. Shakita

• Beans
  • Shakita
    Shakita

Hi

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit