I'm new, too!

by emeril1BAM 29 Replies latest jw friends

• emeril1BAM
    emeril1BAM

Hello! I have never been on a forum before. I was very happy to find this one while I was doing my research finding out THE TRUTH about the religion & just trying to heal from such a damaging religion. I was raised in it from birth by a devout Witness mother. I went off & on for years, but very luckily was never baptized. Now that I just turned 30 it seems like it has been a BIG milestone for me & I am so surprised & amazed at the things {proven history & other facts, not just vicious "apostate" rumors}. I finally am able to begin healing from the brainwashing & guilt instilled in everyone associated with the organization. I tend to find healing/comfort & happiness in metaphysical or body-mind-soul books. Some people call it New Age...but I do not go to any church & am not heavily into numerology, UFO's or similiar things { although I do not have any negative feelings about people who are. I am looking for a friend. Please write back. Love, Peace & Happiness, Leah.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome emeril1BAM

No doubt you have been finding out some mindblowing things! Your poor mum huh, being hoodwinked by that religion. ..is she still devout?

Glad to meet you here :)

Brummie

• CBeMe
    CBeMe

Welcome emeril1BAM!

I am fairly new to this board also. I have learned a lot here. Made a few friends too. I am happy to meet you.

CBeMe

• kelpie
    kelpie

Hi Leah and Welcome!!!!!

You will find great friends, have a few good laughs, maybe shed a tear or two but you will always have the support and comfort you need.

This site has been a great healing place for many (me included).

What country on this great wonderful earth are you from??? I look forward to getting to know you better. My email is always open if you would like to chat.

Regards Kelpie (The female pup from down under)

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Hello Leah,

I hope you find what you are looking for. Be true to your self. Then you can be true to others. Look for the little envelopes without the little blue locks on them. You can Email them directly if you want to. As long as yours is locked people can not Email you directly.

There are all kinds of people here. This site can be quite addictive. For so long there has been no one to talk about all of it. If we said what we felt or knew then there was retribution. Here we can vent what we have carried for so long, for some of us a lifetime.

a friend,

Jay

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Leah....BIG BIG WELCOME to the Board. Lot of nice people here...pull up a chair and stay awhile. Life's a journey of discovery...you've only just begun.

• ring
    ring

hi Leah, welcome to JWD

• TR
    TR

Welcome to the world of X 'hovahs!

TR

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Hello and welcome.

Over time you will find much valuable information here to aid you in your healing and exit from such a deceptive, destructive cult.

I may also suggest you visit:

http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

which provides invaluable research material.

Hope to see you around and hear more from you soon.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy! There's always room for more. Glad you're here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit