Jehovah's Witness & The Matrix

by Yizuman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

If the WTBTS and JWs existed in the Matrix and they all suddenly were unplugged from the Matrix, how would they react seeing the "real world"?

Oh yeah, anyone think Agent Smith could be a perfect "Elder"??

Edited by - Yizuman on 5 December 2002 17:24:4

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

They'd find out the world really was in the Devil's control!!! oh, excuse me, alien control. Laughed at the line that humans didn't thrive in a "Perfect world" simulation.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I LOVE the movie The Matrix.

So many similarities between the matrix and the wtbts. There are many good quotes from it that I wish I could remember!

I don't regret swallowing the red pill at all.

j2bf

• Jesika
    Jesika

Sorry---off topic, Yiz you ever read my post to you on your thread from a couple days ago. I noticed you didn't respond to it and was wondering if you had read it.

I love the movie the Matrix, weird but you can relate to it.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Sorry---off topic, Yiz you ever read my post to you on your thread from a couple days ago. I noticed you didn't respond to it and was wondering if you had read it.

Eek, I will look for it, can you link me please?

Thanks

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Speaking of the red pill.

Which one would you all take? The red pill or the blue pill?

"I know what you're thinking, cuz I'm thinking of the same thing. In fact I've been thinking it ever since I got here. Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?" - Cypher

Edited by - Yizuman on 5 December 2002 18:15:0

• Realist
    Realist

good topic!

can you believe there are active JW who watch that movie and don't start to wonder about their believe system?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    good topic!

can you believe there are active JW who watch that movie and don't start to wonder about their believe system?

Dude, you forgot JWs aren't allowed to think (or at least they won't tell you they're thinking it).

• SYN
    SYN

This, or the previous, is supposed to have been my Supreme post, but screw it!

Once there was a bunch of MIT scientists who decided make a really, really big and powerful supercomputer. So, they contracted out and built it, and it was a wonder to behold, with liquid cooled arrays of Cray processor blades powering the most detailed simulation software ever developed.

After entering the parameters for their simulation, the scientists allowed it to run for a few years. One day, bored with their invention, they decided to try and simulate an entire planet, and they succeeded. For days, they watched as their planet developed oceans, then algae, then primitive lifeforms, eventually gaining complex lifeforms of it's own.

On this simulated planet, a species of little green men with big dark eyes soon evolved, discovered fire, and began to live in caves. Since the simulation was running so quickly, millions of times faster than real life, the eager scientists could see how their little race of green men, who they called the Dardeks, were developing.

One day, the Dardeks invented the wheel, and shortly afterwards in their compressed timeframe, they developed a very powerful supercomputer. The Dardeks were super-smart, and they built a supercomputer that could simulate an entire planet.

On this planet, the Dardeks noticed that algae and other more complex lifeforms were developing. Fascinated, the Dardeks continued watching the development of life on their planet, until one day a funny bipedal creature emerged from it's original coastal home onto dry land and successfully tamed fire, then invented the wheel for transport.

Soon, these curious pink and brown bipeds, so similiar to the Dardeks themselves, built a research institute that they called MIT.

Once there was a bunch of MIT scientists who decided make a really, really big and powerful supercomputer. So, they contracted out and built it, and it was a wonder to behold, with liquid cooled arrays of Cray processor blades powering the most detailed simulation software ever developed....

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

LOL, cool analogy there.

160 days until The Matrix: Reloaded is released in theaters. *sigh!*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit