Jehovah's Witness & The Matrix

by Yizuman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

I too have seen many parallels between the Matrix and the JWs. I'm so glad I'm unplugged - but there is no going back to "ignorance is bliss" now.

The matrix is full of Jesus references too, isn't it?

Thomas Anderson - Doubting Thomas, Son of Man. He doubted he was "the one" at first. Then he was "the one" and in the film was dead for 72 seconds (corresponding to hours) and was resurrected allowing him to save everyone.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

and the baddie was "cipher" (lucifer?)

then theres all that stuff about "the oracle" prophyseying the return of he who would save them all.....

Sirona

• undercover
    undercover
    can you believe there are active JW who watch that movie and don't start to wonder about their believe system?

The Matrix is rated R. They aren't even supposed to be watching it.

• Realist
    Realist

well i know of at least one who did!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    I too have seen many parallels between the Matrix and the JWs. I'm so glad I'm unplugged - but there is no going back to "ignorance is bliss" now.

The matrix is full of Jesus references too, isn't it?

Thomas Anderson - Doubting Thomas, Son of Man. He doubted he was "the one" at first. Then he was "the one" and in the film was dead for 72 seconds (corresponding to hours) and was resurrected allowing him to save everyone.

Yes, I noticed alot of references to Jesus in comparson to Neo as being The One (And Jesus is referred to being "The One" throughout the New Testament.)

Trinity had the attitude of the Doubting Thomas.She had a hard time believing at first, especially when Neo failed the "Jump Program"

Cypher was referred as Judus/Lucifer, the betrayer. He never believed Neo.

Trinity kissed Neo and he came back to life, only this time he truely believed and was able to control the enviroment around him such as slowing down the bullets and drop to the ground.

Tank I guess was sorta Neo's Holy Spirit, his back up guy to help him out of a jam or do miracles for him via his specialty on computers.

72 seconds does correspond to 3 days, same number of days Jesus was in his grave before his resurrection.

Faith system when Morpheous tells Neo to "Just Believe", Jesus told his disciples if we had faith at the size of the mustard seed, we can move mountains (not really mountains, but a mountain is a symbol of things that hinders us from life or problems that hinders us)

Morpheous was the "Father" to Neo in alot of ways, he never doubted Neo for one second that he was the One except when Neo "died". He was sad just as The Father was sad (it rained the day Christ died on the cross, a symbol of God's tears) but rejoiced when Neo rose from the "dead".

There's all kinds of cool references in the movie that relates to Christainity.

I can't wait to see the second part of the triliogy. w00t

Edited by - Yizuman on 6 December 2002 15:38:12

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    The Matrix is rated R. They aren't even supposed to be watching it.

A JW would not want to be caught dead coming out of a "R" rated movie in the movie theaters.

Except for movie rentals if the JW is single or the family won't rat on each other.

Oh yeah, DVD ownz!

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

LOL!!! Aint that the truth!( no pun intended)

I knew it would be a matter of time before someone posted on this. I think alot of ex-jws were thinking about this after seeing the movie.

• avishai
    avishai

I relate so much that I drive a 1965 lincoln continental! But, I have to get rid of it. Damn. Want one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit