• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Deepac Dogra recieving a "knowledge bomb"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG
    😈
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    They insist on confidentiality because they aren't confident that their actions and policies are being directed by Jehovah. If they were confident in Jehovah, they'd lay their cards on the table and trust that Jehovah would make sure things turned out in his/their favor.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

JW's are a very secretive organization. As a former elder for over 20 years, I can make that statement very truthfully as other former elders will confirm. We were told by a CO back in the 70's that the 'society' undoubtedly now knows when Armageddon will happen, but they keep it SECRET because they don't want to panic the 'brothers'. Stupid me, I believed him!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

It has occured to me after reading a lot of your thoughts and some other material that there is a possibility of either the misappropriation of funds or investments the Org wants to keep hidden. I personally do not believe the Org is in financial difficulty by any stretch of the imagination. There are building projects in effect all over the world and huge projects at that.

No. Im convinced that were these documents laid bare there would be some damming financial facts as well as some associative facts made evident. Besides rumors of hedge fund investments the British authorities are also looking into the Orgs financial records. Seems to me there is a storm brewing and I wonder what the Org weather forecast will be ....

• Mephis
    Mephis
    The documents which they're trying to keep secret are available to be read in older versions. There's nothing there which is smoking gun or improper as such. It's more a revelation on how the GB does micromanage things, the things which are kept secret from your average JW (would they know women write Awake articles but aren't allowed to write anything related to the bible? would they know that there is provision to help cover with things like medical costs but it's to be kept secret from them?), and organisational approaches to things like bad publicity and scrutiny by governments. It's secrecy for the sake of secrecy as others have said. There may be other documents which reveal dubious tax avoidance strategies, or which give a full overview of financial affairs, but these aren't them. Would think that anything truly interesting in those terms would be conducted by letter between branch and Brooklyn in any case.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Mephis ... good points. Question is, what's so wrong about these polices and structures that they should be kept confidential? Like the Shepard book as an example, I really don't see what the big deal is that this publication should be so confidential?
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    It's a high control group where 'privilege' is holding a microphone. It's their little internal secrets as initiation. They have special knowledge of the 'truth'. The elders have special knowledge beyond that. Even the segregation caused by the individual schools for different people (eg pioneer school). The great secret reveal in the book could be the sun rises every morning and it would still be top secret because of who is allowed to access it and what they must do to be able to gain access.
  • Listener
    Listener

It's possible that the latest version duscusses the new procedure about the funds a congregation should hold, direction on whether renovations should be done, amalgamation of congregations, deciding whether new halls should be built and so on.

It's possible it goes into much more detail and instruction than the letters that were sent out to the congregations. In those letters most of the information were for the elders only. The Branch instructions would have gone into a lot more detail and may be contained in the current document.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Mephis. Excellent explanation that makes complete sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit