NEW! Japan's "Conditional Donation" A...

by Alligator Wisdom 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• out4good3
    out4good3
    Does that mean, that when an individual falls on dire straits, if they have entered the conditional donation arrangement, they can ask for "monetary aid" from the WTS? A LOAN!!!??? With interest, no doubt?? On their own money???

That's exactly what I was thinking. All they're doing is "passing the donation plate" around AGAIN to the r\f directly. They've actually found aother way to double dip. They get all the money up front without interest, You're only allowed to ask back "less than" the amount you've donated, and if you ask for it back not as a conditionally donated loan to the Soceity but as monetary aid, you'll likely be asked to pay it back with interest.

Incredible......

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

What's next - a WTBTS credit card? Automatic payroll deductions?

My dad loaned the Society $10,000 for, I think, 10 years. When the repayment of the loan came due, the Society flat out asked if they could keep it. Dad, being a good little Witness, said "yes."

Nice scam.

Nina

• gotcha
    gotcha

hey alli...drop me mail if you have time.thanks.

• metatron
    metatron

This is pure manipulation of the poor suckers involved. Japanese will especially feel shame or loss of face in asking for

their money back. This cultural aversion to disgrace explains why some circuits there avoided any df'ings!

A racket, pure and simple.

metatron

• SYN
    SYN

The Watchtower, a modern religion that debits "donations" straight from your bank account, once a month, regular as clockwork!

• jack2
    jack2

Scully, I was thinking the same thing.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

The "monetary aid" phrase caught my eye, as well. It seems like they're saying they'll lend you the money, not return it to you. That would make this more of an open-ended loan to the WTS, with no interest and no pay-back period.

What's worse, I wonder if you would have to prove that you 'needed' rather than just 'wanted' the money back. This would prevent DA/DF or otherwise disgruntled people from having their money returned.

Whatever the case, it seems clear that this is an empty option. They seem to hope that the promise of getting the money returned will open up the purse strings of the R&F--when the society knows full well that 99.99% of their members would NEVER ask for the money back for any reason (a la Cruzanheart's father's experience).

Hmmm

• TR
    TR

HA! I'm in the black with the society. I donated very little over the years, and took full advantage of the "donation arrangement" for litter-ature. I grabbed a crapload of bound volumns, then a few years later, gave them all to Randy Watters! When I was a 'hovah, I just had no money to give away. With a wife at home and three small kids to feed, the Society bled me enough just going to the meetings, doing the accounts, volunteer work, and field service. In other words, I had more time than money, back then. But what little I had, they didn't get.

What the Society DID get from me was my sanity while I was enslaved to them. Fortunately, I yanked my sanity back out of their hands without asking. It was the only way.

TR

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In my 25 years in... I think they got around $100 out of me.

• Scully
    Scully

cruzanheart writes:

My dad loaned the Society $10,000 for, I think, 10 years. When the repayment of the loan came due, the Society flat out asked if they could keep it. Dad, being a good little Witness, said "yes."

I'd heard of this happening to others also. As a matter of fact, one brother was basically told "Well you haven't needed the money in all this time, why should you need it now?" He was so humiliated by this "loving" response from "Christ's brothers" that he didn't pursue the matter any further.

It really pisses me off when people enter these kinds of arrangements in good faith, when the WTS really has no intention at all of keeping their end of the deal when the term of the loan is completed. When they use humiliation, shame and intimidation (who would DARE speak up for themselves to the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" after all?) to relieve people of their money, it goes to show that there's nothing "christian" about the Org at all.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit