What do you miss?

by happyout 19 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

-I miss my family that is still in

-I miss having answers to everything Biblical

-It was easier accepting that when I die I'll live in paradise instead of simply not existing

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I miss the feeling of having eternity in the palm of my hand. Time moves too fast at some times now. I miss my best friend. I miss us having tea, I miss our hours-long telephone conversations. I miss us laughing our asses of because of something silly.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Ok...everyone is so going to HATE this one....but I wasn't one to over do it ....just went out when I could....etc......and unless sister SUPERIOR reminded me I wasn't all that.....well anyway....I miss service ok I am a pitiful fool......but I enjoyed talking to people about the bible and actually KNOWING I had life saving information.

I like to have fun with everything I do...I'm one to play TECHNO real loud whilest doing house work....and starting water fights in the middle of washing dishes....so service was no different for me.

I'd whistle at sisters when they walked in frount of me......hide behind a door of a coffee house and jump out and scare a sis Junk like that.

These times could be fun and I realy did have fun.

Had an older sis who was having probs with her worldly husband and was always sad come up hug me and say....she never had so much fun on service before and she wanted to go out with me everytime!

Ok...I am pitiful

bye bye 4 now

agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Since I'm still "IN", although doing the slow fade, I miss those spiritual conversations. What I mean are "REAL" spiritual conversations. I'm discovering what the truth is about the "troof" and I find that the whatever conversations I get in with those at the Kingdom Hall, they aren't really based on anything solid or firmly rooted. There are times when I mention or hint at something "doubtful" about the teachings of JW's, I'll only get stares or the subject changes.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "NOT Exerting Vigorously")

• LB
    LB

I miss a few people but that was their choice. I also miss some of the kids. Like Big Red I miss having all the answers too.

I don't miss judgemental people. I don't miss repetitive "studies". I don't miss flickering new light. I don't miss being made to feel that I don't deserve anything good in life either.

• minimus
    minimus

I miss never having my telephone ring. Seriously though, it's amazing that since I stopped being an elder, I get no phone calls from the "friends". And I love it!!!

• Matty
    Matty

Seriously I will miss working at the conventions and walking around the concourse meeting up with old friends. People here think I'm nuts, but I get a buzz out of it. I will have to substitute them with lots of apostafests!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Do I miss anything? Are you kidding?????

Yeah, I miss the agony of it all! The stress, the politics of life at Bethel. Yeah, I miss plenty.

Apart from the abuse of our family still by the borg, I can only say that life is sooooooo good. Freedom is such a......well, liberation! How could you ever "miss" anything the borg has to offer. Kinda like asking an ex-convict if he misses jail!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i miss going to all the parties and get-togethers trying to find a good looking girl who wasnt insecure.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

ROLF@OZZIE

I so get you Oz Man! It's like asking the bird who's broken wing just healed....would you prefer not to fly!

AHhhhhh and yet some of us kind of want to go back.....**sigh**

I told my worldly family yesterday for the 1st time I am dissed. We been discussing it since they have always been athiest/egnostic and since I was 5 against thier better judgment I believed in a Almighty God and His Son Christ Jesus...BUT....that's another THREAD.

bye bye 4 now

agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit