I'm going to be struck by lightening!

by WildHorses 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is a little something for the benifit of our friend Lilacs:

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Haven't you ever heard of a mental health day? Some of my sick days are for that - I take them as "personal" - no justification necessary. Just stay in bed if you want!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

You did not lie. You are sick. At work we call this taking a 'mental health' day off. RELAX, life's too short.

• COMF
    COMF

Life will be a lot better for you when you realize that you have the right--the obligation to yourself, in fact--to say no, hon.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Shari,

It is obvious you have alot of happy customer's. When your work week starts extending into the 7 day arena........you need some help girl! I know all the pitfalls with hired help, but you need some time to relax.

I understand when you have had some lean times (almost inevitable in a service business), you are reticent to turn any business down...........god forbid, next week the phone may not ring at all! I know, I know the feeling.

Anyway I think you have one of the most physically demanding jobs there is. How you do this work, dealing with persnickity customer's, then come home to your computer and maintain your 'cool' like you do is worth of some sort of reward!

I vote we extend 'Lilacs' a special moniker in honor of her disposition, how about EMPRESS of KINDNESS and SUPREME AMBASSADOR OF GOOD WILL.

Danny

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

And GOD shall rain upon you lightning and fire, and the stench of brimstone shall fill the air for your wicked transgression of lying, and the world will watch in awe of the mighty power He has in the palm of His hands...and it will be as a witness to all the nations of the earth what is about to befall them and you will be made to suffer in the pits of Gehena from which there is No return for this great sin.

Book of B/S 1:35

Have a good day off....relax your safe I have a direct lin to Jah and he assures me it's ok...he forgives you

• bigred
    bigred

I cleaned houses for 14 years. I absolutely hated everything about it, except the money and one or two of the ladies. I was never so glad in my life, as when I could walk away from the very last house to clean.

I hope you can do the same one day soon. It's the hardest job in the world, I think.

By the way, this is Mulan..........hit my posting limit so am using my hubby's ID tonight.

Edited by - bigred on 3 December 2002 22:15:15

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Dannybear,

You always lift my spirits! BUT, I am not that special. God, if you only knew how many times I have held back from saying things I shouldn't. Which is a good thing because after I sit back and think, I realise it wasn't worth getting so upset in the first place.

As far as working 7 days a week. All of that isn't for my business. I also work at a store. Cleaning houses is such an iffy business that I am scared to quit. Once I get enough clients that I need to hire someone full time. Then I will quit the weekend job and relax for a change.

Mulan, you know it! People have told me that cleaning houses isn't a hard job. Know what I tell them? I say.............If you think it's so easy. Try cleaning your house without taking any breaks. When you clean houses for a living, you start in one room and clean the rest until you finish, non stop. I clean around 9 bathrooms a day. You have to scrub the shower stalls and the tubs, you can't just rinse them out. When I come home in the afternoon, All I want to do is sit down.

One day, I intend on my business being large enough to where I can hire help to do all the cleaning and all I will have to do is give estimates, take calls and do paper work. Then I will know i've made it.

Man, did I say all that? LOL

Edited to add: Here is a list of the services I provide in cleaning. http://shariscleaning.homestead.com/indexpricingandservices.html

Edited by - Lilacs on 3 December 2002 22:57:52

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Shari,

***held back from saying things I shouldn't. Which is a good thing because after I sit back and think, I realise it wasn't worth getting so upset in the first place***

Yeah but, I will tell you what.........if you ever do lose your cool.....nobody better say a damn thing about it!!!!!!!!!!!!..........after hearing about the 9 bathrooms, and non-stop cleaning.....if anybody has a license here to spout off some steam.........you my dear lady are entitled.

Somehow I get the feeling your little business will grow into just what you have imagined for it. Anyone willing to invest so much time and effort, can accomplish whatever you set your mind to. Go get em Shari!

God I love people who take responsibility for thier lives.

You set a good example for us all

Danny

• Mac
    Mac

Yer lying about lying, Right?

mac, of the had so much faith in lilacs class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit