I'm going to be struck by lightening!

by WildHorses 31 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I lied. I have been working 7 days a week for I don't know how long. Finally, I get the chance to have one day off and a customer at the store(sort of a friend too) if I would come clean his house today. I said sure. And I let the man talk me inot cleaning it for a mere 50 bucks. (I'm such a sucker where friends are concerned. A house that size I normally get 70)

Anyway, I called him this morning and told him I couldn't clean it today but would tomorrow be alright? I said I was sick. Which in a way isn't a lie. I am sick to death of working 7 days a week.

So, do you think I will be struck down?

Edited by - Lilacs on 3 December 2002 11:38:38

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

OH Lilacs!

Now you have to go to the elders and confess. They will give you loving council on being a dedicated worker and the benefits of no time off.

This is a very serious violation of the "you must be dedicated" teaching we all adhere to so faithfully if we want to please Jehovah.

OR you could just say "Screw it" I need some time off.

I do this often and find it very rewarding.

Outoftheorg

• freedom96
    freedom96

You need some time for yourself. Don't worry about it and enjoy your day!

• Gig
    Gig

It's obvious that it's not lightening you're worried about, it's your conscience, which is worse because it lasts longer. You know as well as I do that lying isn't right. You're tired and physically spent, which makes you all the more mentally taxed. You deserve a break, and I'm sure if you ask, you will be forgiven by all concerned for your dishonesty...from God on down right to yourself.

Feel better (not a question, rather a suggestion)

Gig

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Yes.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Yes, I really do need time to myself. I always feel so tired. I really need to clean my own house today but I just cant seem to find the energy.(maybe when the kids get home.)

I started a diet a few days ago and am hoping that if I lose a few lbs that will help with the energy.

Someone from the forum suggested an herbal med. But I can't seem to get my tired but to go all the way to Raleigh to look for it. Maybe I need to look at GNC's web site.

Edited by - Lilacs on 3 December 2002 11:30:45

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hello Lilacs:

I couldn't help but notice that you are not worried about being struck by lightening, but by lighting.

Naturally I'm somewhat curious as to the nature of this luminous event. How are you expecting this to happen? Are there lamps in your house predisposed towards being utilised in divine retribution? Perhaps there is a chandelier with your name on it! Will the phrase "the light is getting brighter and brighter" take on an ominous new meaning for you?

I confess to worry and trepidation for your safety. May I suggest finding a very dark closet to hide in?

Expatbrit

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Expat.................oops! Fixed it.

Francois, you mean this one?

Elswhere, TT, you two made me laugh.

I had to post this here since I don't have anymore post.

Edited by - Lilacs on 3 December 2002 13:7:10

• ugg
    ugg

good grief,,,,take today and relax....just sleep if nothing else...you are working very hard indeed...too

hard,,,,don't forget that you are important also...

• Francois
    Francois

I think you're safe.

BTW, why don't you use that other picture of yourself that's on the picture thread somewhere below? Not to say that the current one isn't nice, but that other one I'm speaking of is just absolutely breath-taking. You're a pretty girl anyway, but jeez, that picture, whoa, you look like an angel, really, really beautiful. And I ain't just flirting either. It's a georgeous picture. I'll bet if we asked the folk here, they'd agree if they could see the picture I'm talking about.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit