An exJW gets one pregnant

by bluemoon 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel
    rebel

I think MrMoe makes great sense.

Pregnancy is the worst reason in the world to get married if you don't love each other. If the only reason you are going to get married is because of the baby, you will end up resenting each other, rowing all the time, and that won't be fair on the baby. However, if you love each other and want to be together, that is a different thing.

Please don't feel you have to do anything that you feel uneasy with. If your gut feeling is that marriage is wrong - don't do it. You are going to have to grow up pretty quick and face the condemnation of all around you, but you can get through this. Whatever happens, if your girlfriend keeps the baby, make sure you support it financially and (if she lets you) emotionally too. Take time to think about what you want to do.

Hope it works out.

xxR

• out4good3
    out4good3
    If she is a decent BSer she'll be fine. She needs to ask those turds for help, to assist her back on a spiritual path. This way her family won't disown her. At least they won't be forced to.

That's only if her family isn't so hardcore that they'll kick her out even before she starts showing. At this point, some JW could care less about her spiritual condition.

Remember folks that these people value most the clean image they want to project far more than any loyalty to family members in crisis.

I know one JW girl whose elder father beat the shit out of her then kicked her out of the house when he found out that she was four months pregnant. Though this girl had already finished school she'd already spent her life enslaved to the family by taking care of all her siblings growing up and had no practical knowledge of how to take care of herself. This girl still bears the scars of being kicked out, homeless, and sent halfway across the country to her sympathetic JW grandmother who was livid that her parents would do this too her.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have only a couple of things to add. A lot of what will happen will depend on your GF and how tough she is.B/C she is going to get a lot of advice form her parents. some will tell her to stay home and they'll help her raise the baby and levae u totally out of it-except for the child support of course.they may begrudge u any involvenmet except fininacal. I know a couple right know who are doing the exact thing. They sent their daughter to college and they are raisng the baby. they are GOOD JW PARENTS.The other thing that could happen-her parents will hate her and throw her out and all that and she'll have to depend on u for support. Frankly, at your and her age-i would hope for the first thing. the court will make u pay child support and that should give u sme rights to see your child. but marriage at this age-not a good deal. I hope she has good parents that will help u guys, cause u should have some help.

Best wishes to all

• Dia
    Dia

FYI, looking into adoption does not commit you to doing anything, one way or the other.

In fact, in most states, it is the law that you have until three days AFTER THE BIRTH before anyone can hold you to any agreements you make. In other words, you have a lot of time to consider your options.

Don't go the abortion route. As someone else said, whichever you choose, you will live with the consequences the rest of you lives.

Abortion doesn't make anything disappear.

• Dia
    Dia

By the way,

CONGRATULATIONS!

Having a baby is an awesomely wonderful thing, no matter how you decide to handle this.

You'll see one day. Tough times don't last forever.

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

INVITE TO THE WEDDING PLEASE

Theres no way in this day and age you should have got this girl pregnant,have you not heard of things to stop you getting your girlfriend pregnant, like a vice on the end of your nose,you need your dick cutting of

I have no sympathy for you ,only the poor girl,but it takes two to tango ,guess you are both to blame,

adoption was mentioned but i feel its your responsibility dont pass it on to anyone else youve made your bed now lie in it,as one of my sisters had her child adopted & the mental anguish /problems she suffered over the years does not bear to think of so forget adoption

You must think of the child, but do not be scared of the jw's or the dad, you made the decision to sleep together, so try and figure out how you are going to live together, and be a family together, because I tell you now, and mark my words, unless you are a face that fits in the congregation you will not have a leg to stand on so you must stand together and face this together, because two are strong.....and the elders will not care less.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit