My Wiccan Experience

by COMF 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

If I was in your situation, I would have rolled for a saving throw and then for initiative. If I had won, I would probably make a called shot to her right hand with a -8 to my attack roll. Had I hit, I would have disrupted her spell and things would be ok. But If I would missed, I'd probably be in trouble being unarmed and underneith a spellcaster w/3 daggers and the sword of Frodo.

LOL, You were dreaming dude :)

• COMF
    COMF

Okay, folks, first let me explain something I didn't mention earlier. When we talked about what she was doing, I said point-blank to her, "You were casting for my heart, weren't you. That palm grasp was symbolic of taking my heart," and she replied that she was wanting the goddess to heal me of the deadness that I mentioned, the inability or unwillingness to love and commit to love as it relates to a one-to-one committed relationship. Of course she would like to have my heart; this was not a secret to me. But the gesture was not intended as possessive. It was intended to be healing.

I can give the benefit of the doubt on that. She's a sweet, unassuming woman and not at all selfish, from what I've seen. I certainly don't fault her for wanting a relationship with me; I'm a pretty neat guy, overall.

avishai, she is more goddess-oriented partly because she relates better to a goddess than to a male-dominant figure, due at least in part to issues from an abusive husband in her past.

SS and Sirona, of course we're in agreement. Anything that happens in my mind originated in my mind. Nobody plants electrochemical surges in this ol' boy!

Sirona, thanks for your astute observations. I agree with you that spiritual healing is done by the individual, not by others. Interesting side note: yesterday when she came to visit, she brought Scott Cunningham's book with her. She said it had some good basic details for wands.

Robynand Silverleaf: thanks! I think I've got it in control. She doesn't mean me any harm, and she doesn't want a love that she forced unnaturally. We've discussed the situation and I'm happy with the outcome.

Sixy, re context: yea, verily.

hooberus: thanks for sharing, man. Blessed be. I mean may you have peace. Or something like that. Hey! Shelby's not the only one hearing voices now. Does this mean I can declare myself a prophet, too? O god, I'm sooooo humble, I'm nothing but a good-for-nothing slave, y'all don't listen to me, it's my master's voice, I just repeat what I'm told...

Nah. Never mind. Not my style. (There ya go, LifesWaterFree, bait. Chomp. Which way will she go? Which way will she go?)

Spud Mama: it's not up to me. Believe it or not, I really do engage in these dating scenarios with the door left open and, perhaps, even a bit of hope, for the connection that becomes the one-and-only. But I can't force it, and I won't pretend to have found something I haven't. As with the Christian God, so with true love: I've stopped actively seeking, but I'm right here and listening any time either one wants to contact me.

truthseeker1: I reached into my cloak for my wand of lapiz lazuli, but the charges were all used up, so I quickly quaffed a potion of iron heart for my turn.

About the wands, Sirona:
    I don't know anything about them. I haven't studied wicca; she has. I saw some "magick wands" for sale on a website and they looked cheesy and amateurish, and I thought to myself that, strictly from a craftsmanship standpoint, I could do much better. So I asked her about wands.

Naturally, if we were going to make wands, we'd want them to be the product for which there is a true market. That would be, I believe, "magick wands" rather than just "pretty looking sticks". I, personally, understand your point and even agree with you about charging a wand with your own energy. I suspect, however, that there are many who do not have confidence in their own energy and who would be interested in having a wand charged with the energy of someone who is confident, whose energy is not in doubt.

Still, as I said, I know nothing about the making and charging of wands. She explained to me that wands have to be charged. There was something about the power inherent in each kind of wood, and complementing it with ornaments or carvings that enhance that power; runes about health carved on a wand of good health, for example.

For me, it was just a passing thought: "I could make better wands than that crap with little effort. And look what they're selling for! Could this be a lucrative side business?" Thank you for your thought that there might be more of a market for other things. I'm not a blacksmith, though taking up that craft as a hobby did cross my mind... I just don't have the time, and I've already got quite a bit invested in tools, time and skills with wood; so athames isn't feasible. She tells me, though, that there's a need for ornamental wooden boxes... that's right up my alley.

Anyways, I don't care one way or the other about the charging of the wands. It's just that, if we make them and we say they're magickal, I want them to really have been through the proper rituals/procedures/whatever to make them what we say they are. I doubt seriously that I'll really follow through on this wand business. Boxes, now, that I might do. With brass or bronze hinges and corners, and little keyed latches... I can get into that!

Edited by - COMF on 4 December 2002 20:33:44

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Boxes, now, that I might do. With brass or bronze hinges and corners, and little keyed latches... I can get into that!

Comf- If you decide to do this, let me know. I have been collecting boxes since I was a kid and I'm always looking for interesting ones. The more intricate or interesting the better. Boxes sell very well, especially if they are one of a kind. There are some great artisans out of Poland who make some really nice ones- some elegant and some whimsical. Looking for a site to direct you to- as soon as I find it I'll let you know.

XW

• COMF
    COMF

XW, I would be very interested in the links you have to high quality woodwork, be it box or other. It's a passion of mine, only very recently rekindled after 12 years without tools.

I have built a couple of boxes before. Bigger than what we're talking about; they were actually a hope chest and a toy box, but both were of the same design as this pattern, with the curved "pirate's treasure chest" top and the lift-out tray on runners inside.

This is another pattern I like, although for a true hope chest it should be cedar. What they're picturing here appears to be white pine.

• avishai
    avishai

LMAO @ truthseeker1!!!! Seriously, comf, I have had a similar
     experience w/ this lil' goth chick I knew. She always gave me attitude, etc. still dunno if she loved or hated me.
     Anyway, I saw her one day, & she turns white & runs off. 
    Her friend says she's having dreams about me doing horrible things
     to her & has'nt been able to sleep for days. So I go to talk to her,
     she mumbles what the dreams were about, & out of my mouth, 
    unintentionally, instinctively, w/ no forethought pops
    " Were you trying to cast a spell on me?" Well, she turns even paler
     under her pancake makeup & runs off again. Yup, I called it, 
    never could find out what kinda spell, but I guess it backfired 
    in a big way
  • COMF
    COMF

Wiccans! Can't live with 'em... can't turn 'em into frogs.

Okay, folks, here's some stuff I copied from the revealed source of a web page. Don't worry, the buttons aren't functional here. I'm putting this up to give you an idea of what kind of money we're talking about, and for what. These are a little bit nicer than the ones I saw that inspired me to ask about wands; but not a lot nicer. Basically, what we have here is a dowel rod sanded down a little bit and glued into a wooden handle. There's a nice cloth bag with it, and they went to the trouble of having a fancy little booklet printed up, probably telling what powers these wands are supposed to have.

Note that, far from being pretty sticks which will be charged by the energy of the buyer upon her taking ownership, these wands are pre-treated. Both of them are "consecrated" and the apprentice's "is blessed with spiritual protection".

Don't miss the prices. :)

(Edited to add) Well, Simon's got it so that the buttons are being edited out, and the buttons are where the prices are. So I'll just tell you: The Apprentice sells for $49.95. The Practitioner is $69.95.

The Apprentice Wand (Total Length 12")

Includes 12" consecrated wand, slip case, booklet and name certification. The Apprentice from Fitchel & Sons was created to allow beginning practitioners a full range of expressive possibilities, but is blessed with spiritual protection.

Credit Card Order
    Order your The Apprentice Wand (WARNING NO RETURNS)

The Practitioner Wand (Total Length 15")

Includes 15" consecrated wand, slip case, booklet and name certification. The Practitioner from Fitchel & Sons is appropriate for advanced practitioners.

Credit Card Order
    Order your The Practitioner Wand (WARNING NO RETURNS)

Edited by - COMF on 5 December 2002 1:46:21

• avishai
    avishai

GEEZ!! What a ripoff! That's it, I'm gonna sell two wands on this site.

The apostate!

The opposer!

Whaddya think I should charge?

• Flip
    Flip
    I saw some "magick wands" for sale ... and they looked cheesy and amateurish, and I thought to myself that, strictly from a craftsmanship standpoint, I could do much better.

That reminds me, to illustrate the point I believe there may be an organization that's been producing cheesy but lucrative disposable "magick wands" that only last a couple of weeks before you have to get new ones, and go by the name of Watchtower and Awake!

The best part is, for that they qualify for a full tax exemption.

You just might be on to something here, COMF!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Comf, I think it is a good idea to make those boxes. I am like Xenawarrior, I love boxes, or tiny chest like you mention. I like the ones that have metal work on them, and tiny locks, hidden compartments, and the tops of the tiny chest are curved. Sounds exactly like what I like , the ones you want to make,,,,,,, do you have any pictures of something close to what you are thinkng of doing?

Boxes are just neat,,,,,,, they are secretive and personal.

Have you thought of making any wands out of metal,,,,,,, like old looking ones. Ones with ingraving on them? Just wondering if they make any metal wands.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    But a love spell that is bound by respect for the other's free will?

Gently Feral,

I agree, a love spell that is asked for freely is not black magic...nothing wrong with it. But to impose a magical rite on somebody without their permission (healing spells also apply) is dark magic.

Robyn

PS: Comf, if this gal is doing this sort of thing, she aint as sweet as you are thinking. She is manipulative. The spell is only the beginning of your worries with this one.

Edited by - robdar on 5 December 2002 2:43:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit