My Wiccan Experience

by COMF 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• COMF
    COMF

This is a true story. I do not bullshit about stuff like this.

Everybody knows I'm agnostic, and most of you know that I lump wicca right in there with all the other religious beliefs as being just one more crock of lies, and have pissed off Sunchild and Sirona and a few others with my observations about wicca. Well, as I continue on my path of mellowship, I've mellowed toward wicca as well. So much so, in fact, that I started dating a wiccan. She is a solo practitioner, and I encouraged her to find a coven so she could be among people of like mind. Also, she had never cast, saying she wasn't skilled enough, so I encouraged her to cast because experience is how you gain skill. I suggested if she was worried about adverse results, getting involved with a coven might give her some helpful guidance. We've discussed possibly making and selling magic wands. There seems to be a dearth of really good ones. I would supply the handcrafting, and she would oversee the process to make sure it's really done correctly (for example, the wand should never touch the ground after it's taken from the tree. I didn't know that) and apply the charge. Hey, why not? A growing market awaits! Of course, I don't believe any of it, but what the heck. It would be fun, and if we really do make them correctly (I wouldn't cheat on something like that, I'm too moral) and sell them... profit! Hey...

Okay, so one night I was over at her house, and somehow or other we came to be in bed together (who'da thunk it). We had had a discussion earlier in the night in which I told her that sometimes it feels like there's a dead place in my heart where the soulmate is supposed to be loved. This, because she was hinting strongly for a committed relationship and I was preparing her for the way things are.

At some point I slipped into that odd place between sleep and wakefulness, where you have intense dreams while not really being asleep in the full sense. Now here's where it goes weird.

I dreamed that I heard a voice, soft but distinct, calmly intoning. What it said was a poem, apparently, to judge by the tone of voice. It said two lines. The first line ended on a higher note, as when we indicate that something else follows. The second line ended on a lower note, to indicate that the thought was now complete. So it went sort of like this:

Da-da da-da da dee;
    Da-da da-da da dah.

Now, what the actual words were: the first line, I cannot remember. It was Latin, and I only heard the syllables, didn't grasp the thought behind them; and the syllables didn't stick. The second line was, "Spirit revives spirit."

It was chanted, in a soft, calm voice:

"[Insert latin syllables here, ending on an up-note];
    Spirit revives spirit."

After the voice in my dream finished speaking, I became aware that she was touching me. With her fingers she drew something that felt like it might be a circle on my chest where my heart would be, and did a few other moves, and then she did a gentle grasping, laying her palm on my chest and closing it to a fist. I didn't know what the first part was supposed to do, but the last gesture was clear enough: she wanted my heart--symbolically, of course. She has three athames (ritual daggars) and a replica of the sword of Frodo (which I gave her. She calls herself "a slut for steel"); she could easily enough have had it literally.

So I waited a moment, to be sure she was done with her ritual, and then I asked her, "Does your spell have words with it?" After a moment's pause while she adjusted to the idea of me being aware of what she had done, she said she had said something in her mind, a prayer to the Goddess or whatever, before making the moves. So I told her about the dream voice that I had heard. She was of course astounded and blown away. People who live in a world of superstition get like that sometimes.

She says the Goddess was blessing us and bringing us together so that we could heal each other (yeah, she's got some baggage, too). So, what's your take on it?

• avishai
    avishai

As long as what she was doing was "pure" of heart, It should be o.k, other wise, it'll backfire bigtime, especially if she believes her own hype, as even love spells done w/ selfish intent can screw you. According to "wicca" of course. The only other problem is those wiccans who are so goddess based bug me as it is as imbalanced as "patriarchal religion(and as violent). I think one of the coolest things about paganism is the recognition of male & female aspects of the divine, & the equality therein.

• Satanus
    Satanus

My theory is that we have a lower self, the subconscious, and a higher self. The higher self, is often mistaken for a god or a goddess. These higher and lower parts of us communicate w the higher and lower parts of others. When we are in the right mind frame, we have the window open into some of what is going on in these other parts of us. Perceptions coming from there aren't always in regular words. They can be in the form of pictures, symbols, music, sounds, animals, etc. The regular conscious mind also colors, or messes up the messages, to an extent. See if it works for you.

SS

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

I'm happy for you about your new relationship!

In my opinion, if that was her first attempt at a working, she surely chose something dangerous to mess with. I simply mean that if you are going to start spells, starting them on someone else's heart is a biggie!

I personally steer completely clear of anything remotely manipulative. If the spell involves someone else, I have their full consent first. Be aware that she may be attempting to manipulate you into making a commitment. This is dodgy because there is the whole question of whether you are really *meant* to be together anyway. This could backfire in a big way. I hope it doesnt!

As far as the voice - I doubt very much that it was a goddess (although of course I could be wrong). Messages from goddesses or gods are usually extremely clear and/or meaningful. I think that this message may have come from your higher consciousness (basically part of you) perhaps influenced by what she was doing. The time between sleep and wake is a time when we are very open to such experiences....it has been proven that we hallucinate during this time. Don't think that because I mention hallucinate that your experience wasn't meaningful - I mean our hallucinations can have profound messages, too.

<<<<<<<She says the Goddess was blessing us and bringing us together so that we could heal each other (yeah, she's got some baggage, too). So, what's your take on it?>>>>>

My take on that is that she doesn't realise that healing comes from within. It is a bad idea to look to someone else for healing especially when that person needs healing themselves! Your baggage is worked out within yourself and then you are able to give to someone else. We all have our own lessons to learn - noone else can learn them for us!

How long has she been practising? I think your advice to her to seek out a coven is probably good advice. I wonder why she was so "blown away" by your experience. Most wiccans I know just respond very matter of factly to such experiences - in my coven we all have similar stories to tell.

Sirona

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Interesting this topic should come up, I just watched the movie, The Craft the other nite. It was about witches, but not sure if the word wicca was ever said. But the girls in the movie had power to and had to choose how to use that power for good or evil. Something about an all powerful being , called, Manaa??? not sure how it was pronounced. But they said they don't believe in just a god, but nature, and this manaa(sp) manifest itself in everything, trees, air, even in you. In the movie the girls got books and did cast spells on people. Are any of you out there saying you have cast spells on people for the good or bad, and actually have seen it work? I am interested in the spirit world, but don't want to get into any darkness, but if I could prove there is something powerful out there , maybe I would once again have a stronger belief in the higher power , be he God, or whom ever.

I am interested in what the religion of wicca really is about. I think there are alot of misconceptions, so I am being sincere in wanting to understand this.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Comf,

Love spells, unless you asked her to do it to you, are black magic. Run from this woman. RUN!!!

Robyn

• Sirona
    Sirona

LyinEyes:

"The craft" movie is basically nothing like the reality and the God they mention doesn't exist as far as I'm aware (in any pantheon).

Check out:

http://www.witchs-brew.com/wbrew.html

www.ukpagan.com

www.witchvox.com

and if you are really interested in Wicca read "Wicca, A guide for the solitary practitioner" by Scott Cunningham which is one of the best wicca 101 books out there.

Email me if you want more information from me,

Blessings,

Sirona

edited to alter a link

Edited by - Sirona on 3 December 2002 9:42:47

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm sure she had the best of intentions, and since it's all make believe anyway... just carry on. The problem of course, for this sort of thing, is that the majik practicioner always, ALWAYS, has the out, ie: I did it wrong in the first place, I shouldn't have done that, I wasn't experienced enough in the art, etc, etc. It's up to them to be bigger people than their make believe spirits when it comes time for action.

Your dream was in perfect context with what has been on your mind, and your poetic self.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Many poeple have had experiences with the supernatural. There are deceiving spirits (demons) who wish to bring people under deception. Since Jesus Christ is the creator of spirits, and is himself eternal I choose to seek a relationship with him. He is the giver of true peace.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I have to agree with Sirona...anything that messes with your heart, ie love spells, is very dangerous! A person can cast energy to strengthen/heal someone but this is a physical healing, not emotional. A coven would be very good for her because they could help "keep her in check" so to speak.

LyinEyes: I saw The Craft too and again I agree with Sirona...it isn't like reality. Some things are parallel but for the most part it is made up.

Sirona: Thanks for the reference to "Wicca, A guide for the solitary practitioner" by Scott Cunningham. I'll have to add that one to my collection. Witchvox.com is one of my personal favs.

Lots of Love, Fire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit