I Seened it With My Own Eyes @o@

by Funchback 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Funchback
    Funchback

Things I saw as a JW:

* The "F" word spelled out on the Information Board in the back of the Hall. The person used the tacks used for posting letters and talks and spelled out the expletive. An Elder gave a talk encouraging parents to watch their children because, no doubt, only a child would do something so juvenille. I tend to think an adult did it.

* Breakdancing in the foyer. Me, my older brother, another guy, and badwille would be "Poppin" and doing "Windmills" during and after the meetings. One of us always served as a look-out. Badwillie supplied us with the windbreaker jackets (they were made of vinyl and they made spinning on your back much easier).

* An elder running off stage in the middle of his talk. In mid-sentence he ran off because he had a bad case of diarrhea. You could hear him while he was in the bathroom.

* A retarded boy masturbating in the men's room during the meeting.

* A sister who insisted on whipping out her breast and feeding her infant while sitting in the front row.

* A brother who accompanied us to Friendly's restaurant (they specialize in ice cream sundaes) and complained to the waitress that there was an air-pocket in his sundae. He demanded that they add more ice cream to his sundae.

* In Florida, a Presiding Overseer (who didn't know that I was biracial) discouraging me from letting a black brother move in with me because "he comes to our congregation and he keeps dating all of our white sisters".

* A sister from that same congregation who saw a woman with a black baby said, "I think black babies are so cute. They look like little monkeys!". Before I could even tell her how ignorant she was, the other occupants of the minivan we were in told her off (and THEY were white).

* I went camping with a family who had 7 kids. When the kids were "bad", they beat the hell out of them. Even worse, they made them walk out into the woods after sundown and stand out there for 30 minutes with no flashlights. There were a lot of bears in those woods. Fortunately, there were no attacks.

* An elder was offended that I said the word "nipple".

* When I was 8-years-old, I spent the night with another 8-year-old boy. He asked me if I wanted to "wrestle". He left the room for three minutes and when he returned he was almost completely nekkid (naked) with nothing but a sheer silky valance wrapped around his waist. He said, "Let's wrestle!". I recently found out that he is a homosexual.

Life as a JW was very unusual. Or, maybe not.

• Brumm
    Brumm

man you DID seened it all!

We got a phone call telling us off for going to a ALL BLACK drinking place...the brother who was with us and answered the phone was from Antigua...! The ALL BLACK crew were all brothers and sisters....dur. We had the last laugh when sitting in an elders meeting called specifically to address this one elders racial comments...in his defence he said "Black is not a word in my vocalbury so I am not guilty as charged"....oh fer crying!

I met a white inactive sister in the street and asked why she hadnt been to meetings for months, she said "Because I disagree with all this inter-racial dating and marrying, I mean, YOU wouldnt want that to happen in your family would you?"....my girlfriend was Jamacian...!

* A retarded boy masturbating in the men's room during the meeting.

That sounds about normal for JWs.

I heard two adult sisters fighting in the KH toilets! crash bang wallop until the one ran screaming.

Theh there was a husband and wife fighting in the KH just before the meeting began!

I had to seperate 2 reg pioneers while fighting in a bowling session!

Geesh the KH wasnt always boring.

All this falls into insignificance when reading your list!

Brummie

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hi, Brumm.

The Elders are so doggone nosey! They try to control EVERYTHING!

Two sisters fighting in the bathroom??? LOL! What were they fighting over?

"That last piece of toilet paper is MINE!" *snatch!*

"Nooo! It is MINE!" *snatches the roll back*

"I'm a Pioneer. Therefore I should get the last sheet!" *snatches it again*

"Pioneer THIS!" *slap*

• flower
    flower

ROFLOL@ these!..

too funny!

I cant recall anything as good as those.

We had this brother in our hall though who had a serious speach impediment and would ssssssstutter all the way through his talk. I mean REALLY bad.

That same brother was married to his wife for like 50 years. The only came into the org about 10 years or so ago after years of their JW daughters persistence. His wife died of cancer like 2 or so years ago..very nice lady..it was sad when I heard about it. Then I found out that not even 2 months after her death my parents were going to his wedding!!...He married a 30 something long time pioneer sister from our hall !!!

His daughter is a 40 something year old pioneer virgin and lives with her father and step mother who is younger than her.

Very wierd but I must say in his defense, that brother was the only witness a few weeks ago at my grandmothers funeral who look me in the face and said hello to me. He and his wife ALWAYS said hello to me now that I think about it..even after I was 'marked' and df'd.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Life as a JW was very unusual. Or, maybe not.

Or maybe YES!

* A P.O. who used to beat his kids with a peice of pipe while saying 'no pain no gain' as he wacked them;

* An elder's wife who accused half the congregation of gluttony because of the abundance of food provided at the wake (by congregation members) after the burial of a young sister. This sister was not only resourceful but she was mean with it;

* An elder's son who embezzled thousands of dollars from the company he worked for then left the country only to be seen some weeks later posing on the cover of some magazine;

* A brother who left his wife for another sister in the congregation, they were disfellowshipped, then married, were reinstated, and I have since learnt that he has left his second wife but this time for his step daughter to his first wife...a bit of a Woody Allen trick...eeek!

* A sister who used to admire your dress and then ask where you got it from, only to be seen with the exact same dress the following week...ggggrrr...what a pain in the ass she was;

* A zealous couple who sold all their worldy things like stereo equipment, CD's, TV etc, in an effort to simplify their lives...only trouble was they sold it all to the elder that gave the talk on simplifying one's life... sheesh;

* An eccentric older sister who would NEVER wait in line - not in the bank, not in the supermarket, not even at the magazine counter. She would just barge past the line of people and she would hobble like she had a bad leg, which she does, but it doesn't stop her from mowing her lawns or trimming her hedges; (oh yeah, Hi Nan LOL)

If I think of more, I'll be back

~Beck~

• Funchback
    Funchback

flower...

Your experience triggered a few more memories:

* My friend has a brother who was 24 (at the time) and he married a 70-something-year-old sister.

* A sister came to our Sunday meeting and gave an answer as to what the origin of the "F" word was. It had nothing to do with the meeting.

* When I was 10 I was at a District Convention at Veteran's Stadium. Me and my friend (an 11 year old girl) sat in a section by ourselves (WITH our parents' permission) and we were sitting a few rows in front of two older German women. We kept looking back at them and drawing pictures of them. We giggled and talked the whole time. Afterward, the German women came up to us and asked us where our parents were. I asked them why they wanted to know. One of the women looked at me sternly and said, "Because you're NOT DISCIPLINED!" We mocked them and walked away. They probably wanted to kill us. LOL

• Mac
    Mac

Funch,

I was going to reply to this post, however, I too am offended by your use of the word "Nipple" and therefore, in good conscience, cannot!

mac, of the sensitive class

• Funchback
    Funchback

Beck-

I think you have me beat! LOL

• Funchback
    Funchback

mac-

Your response made me laugh extremely hard. I'm glad the "nipple" brother and his wife don't have any kids. They wouldn't know how to teach them about body parts. Nipples would be areolas. Breasts would be mammaries. Vaginas would be vulvas. etc., etc.

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

An elder telling my ex-husband to put me on the merit system and make me earn the right to go places.

A sister frisking my brothers as they were leaving the bookstudy.(She pretended she was playing but she frisked each of them and thoroughly at that!)

A friend of mine who was separated from her husband went with him to disneyland with their two kids, had a good time, fooled around just the one time and she got pregnant. An elder asked the husband if he was sure the kid was his (after all, it was only the one time) and from that point on the husband refused to claim the kid.

Elders giving my elder father a bent and useless key to the kingdom hall.

An older brother reading the watchtower saying 'bitches' where it read 'birches'. He had everyone's undivided attention after that.

A smurf running out of the kingdom hall (that's a joke, folks!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit