What's your favorite Xmas carol?

by Scully 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

My two favorites are a toss up between John Lennon's "So this is Christmas" and the "Little Drummer Boy" - the one where Bing Crosby and David Bowie are singing together.

Love, Scully

• Angharad
    Angharad

Not really a carol but my favourite xmas song is Fairytale in New York by the Pogues

Edited by - angharad on 2 December 2002 12:10:45

• dsgal
    dsgal

O Holy night

• Simon
    Simon

I think the most "christmassy" sounding is the one that has the "good tiding's of comfort and joy" in it (dunno the name). Brass Sally-Army band playing on a dark cold night with lights shop windows ... ah -what an atmosphere!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I always enjoy listening to Jose Feliciano's "Feliz Navidad." That's a great song and will put anyone in the holiday spirit.

• Mary
    Mary

It's a toss up......I love "O Holy Night", "Rockin' Round the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee, and of course "Blue Christmas" by Elvis.......

When I was a kid, I conveniently "forgot" to give the teacher the note from my parents asking to excuse me from any Christmas singing etc........I'd sit there along with everybody else and sing sing sing!!!

I certainly never felt as good singing kingdom melodies, that's for sure!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

The Carol you refer to is "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".

My favorite is "O Holy Night" "...Long lay the world in sin and error pining, 'till he appeared and the soul felt it's worth, a thrill of hope the weary world rejoices for yonder lay the new and glorious morn..."

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Carol Voderman always does it for me!

Spanner

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I highly recommend Mannheim Steamrollers Christmas music! It will get you MOVING baby!
  • imanaliento
    imanaliento

I'm a softey for John Lennon's so this is Christmas tune, I'll be looking for that on CD as well as LoveDubs suggestion of Mannheim Steamrollers.

grandma got run over by a reindeer is fun to hear on the radio.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit