Was I a coward?

by DanTheMan 37 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Was I a coward?

Uh Not at all !!! ... you've been smart not losing your time !

• Preston
    Preston

Glad to hear *AA*

BTW, your reply to Dan regarding "their lovingly disfellowshipping" you still made me want to vomit.

- Preston

• jwbot
    jwbot

Wow! hehe thats so cool!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    you still made me want to vomit.

That's the Watchtower promise!

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

This is GREAT!

We never know what will result from the seeds we plant today. We may not see growth as soon as we'd like, but hopefully the people we care about will one day wake up from their WT-induced slumber.

Try not to overwhelm the JW with too much information at once. And be sure to live a happy, productive life.

• Brummie
    Brummie

No your NOT a coward. Nothing drives a JW further into their error more so than someone who is sooo eager to get them out! The way you have handled this is 1st class. Just a little bit here and there is sufficiant. The guy you mentioned has already experienced bad things, he didnt enjoy being dissfd, he is only pretending.

Thx for sharing dan, miss seeing you around so much!

Brummie

• Dustin
    Dustin

Dude, I know a guy like the one you described. Even though he's df'd, he still believes it's the "truth" no matter how obvious it is that it's not. He got mad at me for even insinuating that it's all a crock of shit and lies. Funny the guy still believes even though he's still banging an elder's ex-wife. If it's the "truth" shouldn't he stop sinning? You definitely aren't a coward. You're simply smart. Pick and choose your battles my friend. Waging war on those who are stubborn like that is only frustrating. Even a perfect argument wouldn't sway them. Peace out.

Dustin

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm glad it worked out.....

I love planting little seeds of doubt. Not to much to scare someone off, just enought to make them think.

I would bet that Dan's easy going personalty helped you see that he cared about you. If he had been pushy or forceful. You may have felt persecuted and stayed longer.

Good job Dan.

• Special K
    Special K

Well well well.. this is so cool, Dan.

Almost Athiest posts on the thread and he was one of the J.W.'s you sent a letter to with some exjw internet sites.

This brought a wonderful smile to my face.

Thanks for resurrecting this Almost

Special K

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

lol, I had completely forgotten about this thread until me and AA's little board (and phone) reunion last night.

Sorry about some of the things I said in this thread Dave, it was borne of frustration, I just couldn't believe that you were so intent on getting back into the same fold that I was running away from as fast as I could. And for a long time I really did have this sort of nagging WT defender that lived in my head that always had an answer for everything, it usually took the form of brother Ken B. from the Gehenna cong but there were a few others that assumed the role from time to time including you lol

And if you've been going through some of my older threads, ewwww, some weird stuff back there. It's been a little rough adjusting to life outside the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit