Was I a coward?

by DanTheMan 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Who is worse the fool or the one who argues with one?

You are no coward.

Do what is right for you. There are millions upon millons of people who choose to subscribe to ludicrous belifes. Help those who are willing to accept it. Those who reject your help...Move on from them. Someday they will see that it was you who had their best intrests at heart.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks for your comments. I don't feel so cowardly now. The thing made me leave the WT was the manipulation and feeling so controlled by it all. He looks at the authoritarianism and rules as being "bible-based" and that his mind isn't controlled by anyone. Barf. I just don't want to get into all that with someone. The WT is so ridiculous to me now that I can barely respect anyone who is still holding onto it.

The chances are between slim and nil that I would ever run into him since I live in a very large city. As a matter of fact, since I've left I've only seen about 2 'hovahs that I used to know, one of whom I work with. Regardless, he still is part of a composite "Watchtower defender" that lives in my head and causes me quite a bit of anxiety at times.

Gary, the link I sent them was to www.escapefromwatchtower.com. This was before I discovered freeminds, or I'd have sent them that one.

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

HMMMMMMM you did right!! That is exactly what the bible says.

2 Timothy 2:14,23,24

"Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value and only ruins those who listen. Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead he must be kind to everyone, aboe to teach, not resentful."

agape love gold morning

• Gig
    Gig

Human beings are the only creatures smart enough to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

Enjoy some peace.

Gig

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Regardless, he still is part of a composite "Watchtower defender" that lives in my head and causes me quite a bit of anxiety at times.

first of all, you are not a coward, and i'm glad you realize that after reading the other posts. you are wise because you realize that engaging in any kind of "debate" with someone like that is an exercise in futility. but don't let someone like that take up valuable real estate in your head either - they just don't deserve it. walking away from something like that doesn't mean you're weak it just means you refuse to give that person any of your time or energy, especially when you could be spending it on something that makes you feel good, instead of feeling anxious. ((dan))

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Now I should tell you that he is a person that I regard as being more intelligent than I am.

HA! *I* am the guy that Dan sent that link to! *I'm* the "intelligent" guy that described the "loving shepherds" that DF'd me when my family needed help the most. *I'm* the guy that stayed in the bOrg for 3 more years than Dan did.

Dan, thanks for having the COURAGE to try to help me and the others you sent that email to. It didn't help, but only because I wasn't ready to face it myself. After I came out, I looked back and appreciated that you tried to help me. That's why I tried to track you down.

(We had a phone conversation last night. It was great to catch up!)

Dave, of the "intelligent enough to *finally* catch on" class

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

AA thats great of you to respond to this 2 yr old post.. we rarely get to know who is reached or affected by our efforts. dan the man rocks!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Aaah Coool.

S

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

This is freakin' awesome~~~you just made my day!!!! Glad you're out now, AA!!! Hugs, Terri

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would feel a sense of responsibility to those who actually showed an interest in knowing the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit