The Question Of The Day Do You Want Eternal Life?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Liberty
    Liberty

Love your topics Minimus,

I wish we could live forever, especially if we never had to watch our loved ones get sick, suffer, and die while the survivors get to "enjoy" that sick empty feeling which surrounds the whole affair. That's why the Watch Tower frauds could dupe people into joining because their promise was so wonderful. Unfortunately, like most magical or supernatural claims, the Watch Tower solution to our problems is a pipe dream made of the finest opiums, self delusion.

I am not a skepic by nature but I've studied hard to try and be one after getting burned by the Watch Tower Society and their false promises. I think most of the poor bastards in charge believe their own bullshit and many underlings certainly do so at least they are victims of their own frauds too. This is not punishment enough for all the suffering they've caused but I'm sure they must face their share of anxiety ridden sleepless nights as the little fellow in their heads keeps asking, "but what if we're wrong?". I am reminded to quote Farkel, "Then they died" for every generation promised by the WT that they never would, soon the current leadership will join the rest. I suppose there is some little justice in this.

I would rather put my faith in science which at least has a slim chance of prolonging our lives and making the world a better place to live in. I am a skeptic but I want to hold on to my hope. I would be satisfied with a long, semi-pain free, and productive life because that is the best most of us can realistically hope for.

• minimus
    minimus

The thought of living forever has been a theme of Jehovah's Witness for nearly a century. One way to get a person to start thinking positively about the JW religion is to tell them, like Satan, they they will never die."Millions now living will NEVER die"!!! That slogan was bought by millions of people. Of course, the thought of eternal life is not an original Witness idea. But now that our "faith" has been shaken, who really knows what the future holds for us?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I think one of the most intrigueing aspects of vampire novels is the struggle of the eternal creature with immortality within a few hundred years. As the Witnesses view "everlasting life" I find terribly boring. I find exciting God's promise through Paul that "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, nor has it dawned upon man what God has prepared for those who love him."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit