Ozzie's Weekend Poll #28

by ozziepost 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I hated it. I hated missing out and I really hated my kids missing out.

We would always find a theatre open though and take the kids to a movie as a special treat (well a treat for me too since we so rarely went out)

and I would usually get the girls some little new thing.

And ummm yes we were one of those families to have a few guests over for dinner a day or two before or after - it was "convenient" - yea right - it was our way of getting a bit of the fun

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

xmas as a dub .. xmas as a dub? .. nup, can't say i did that .. is that why everyone was sloshed and partying at the doors that day? .. awww shucks, now i remmemmber .. up early, showered, dressed and out witnessing under the raging summer sun .. home for a change into cool clothes, a quick roast lamb with crispy gravy covered spuds and carrots washed down with luxurious barrossa wine and then off in the car to sleep it all off at the beach - what's wrong with that? (appart from the morning witnessing of course!:)

uncle'not letting bad associations spoil useful habits'bruce

Lady Lee - you're 100% correct. Christmas is all about the kids having a good time (happy kids = happy wife = happy husband = happy world? what could be better?) - for christs sake, who gives a shiitte what colored baubles on a fresh pine tree symbolise or that those bad pagan evil-doers thought of having a good time first. Who gives a toss that Emperors and Pharohs got heads on platters for their birthday? Only an idiotic despot would ban gift giving on the basis of that slim view of history.. (Do as I say Rutherford sure has a lot to answer for .. that twisted sack of **** spoiled a lot of young lives - as are the 'family-less' disfunctional Bethelites to this day:(

HAPPY XMAS LADY LEE

uncle'big kid'bruce

• kelpie
    kelpie

I forgot the numbers already

But the top on my list was the family getting together and the second would be the singing of carols.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

2, 14, 16 (The Tree, I always wanted a Xmas Tree)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit