Ozzie's Weekend Poll #28

by ozziepost 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Houses all lit up (we would go out one evening and see the lights around town)

Christmas dinner at Grandma's (she never stopped making christmas dinner, after we all became dubs..............and the fudge and divinity and fruit cakes)

Holiday from work (husband's day off...........I never got a day off)

• Xena
    Xena

2, 6 and 13

and along with blondie, EGGNOG ooohhhhh the rich creamy eggnog.........

• ugg
    ugg

i loved all of christmas,,,except 10 11 and 12....guess i was never really a witness

• blondie
    blondie

Eggnog for everyone

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

#2 and this year ours is in blue , blue lights on the house and on the trees in front. during the day the dubs can drive by and see little red bows all over those trees and wreaths with bows on the garage.. we have a decorating contest in our neighborhood, I'll let you know how we did.

Oh and #6 i always bought a new something and the boys always had treasure hunt presents, just not on that day but during their vacation they would have to search the house for them. one note led to another, it was always something they wanted and it kept them busy. they still love doing that. and I may do it for their grand finali present this x-mas on that day.

Edited by - imanaliento on 1 December 2002 12:2:9

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Christmas lights. I love them till this day. And now I put up my own.

Christmas carols, all kinds. And now I can join in the singing.

• Beans
    Beans

and playing with all my friends new toys!

• roybatty
    roybatty

Number 6. As the engineering manager for a large company, I oversee the outsourcing of a considerable amount of work to vendors. Every Christmas a ton of presents roll in. Some are sent to my office (which I share) and others come straight to my house. My favorite is the $250.00 worth of steaks and lobster. Mmmmmmm...good eating! Funny this is, even my then wife (a diehard JW) enjoyed the x-mas presents I received! LOL!

• Shakita
    Shakita

#2 - As a JW I loved looking at the lights and displays at people's homes.

#14 - Loved singing to Christmas songs on the radio, volume turned up, and singing away in the car! Especially liked singing "Grandma gets run over by a reindeer."

Mrs. Shakita

• Soledad
    Soledad

Numbers 2,6,13,14,16

It was really fun watching all the trees go up and the lights. I remember that even after our Tuesday night meetings my mom would drive by the lit up houses and admire how they would be decorated----not that she would ever admit that she admired them of course. I loved taking off from school. I love all Christmas carols, especially Silent Night. I loved the Christmas specials on tv, like the Charlie Brown special, and Miracle on 34th St. I loved walking into Macy's and other large department stores, looking at the decorations and displays. My mom would buy a lot of things around Christmas time, claiming to take advantage of the "good sales" (yeah right whatever )

Most of all I loved all the candy, cakes, cookies and gifts I would receive without having to ever give any back!! I know that sounds terrible *hanging head* but I was a kid I didnt care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit