Can't decide to stay or leave the Organisation?

by PopeOfEruke 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TR
    TR

hannibal,

Wanting family, friends, etc....to live or die, has nothing to do with the Popes BS

Why, sure it does, silly!

TR

• hannibal
    hannibal

TR,

What if the Pope told all cathloics to kill all homosexuals.

I just think its a rediculous hypathedical situation,thats all.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I think that what the Pope is saying and that we all can agree on is that by JW's reasoning, all "worldly" or non-JW people will be destroyed, cut-off, Killed at Armageddon.

A JW should then ask themselves the question, is it any different if they had to do the killing or if the angels have to do it. For they all are "God's servants" correct? Its a hypothetical question to be sure, but one that it is hoped would cause the open minded JW to actually consider their beliefs about what would happen at Armageddon and if they still have a shred of humanity left inside them.

• nonjwalltheway
    nonjwalltheway

Pope,

That was great. I spoke of a similar scenario to my wife whom I am trying to get out of believing in any of the Watchtower BS. It goes like this. The Watchtower states that Armageddon is upon us and to prove loyalty to God's organization all Jehovah's Witnesses are told to go to the highest buildings and throw themselves off these buildings at a specific time of the day. The sad thing about this theory is that if told to do so I bet a large percentage of JW's would partake in such a tragedy if told to do so by the Watchtower. This is how dangerous a cult such as the JW religion is. I'm sure the government has their eye on such high-control groups.

• TR
    TR
    TR,

What if the Pope told all cathloics to kill all homosexuals.

I just think its a rediculous hypathedical situation,thats all.

Pipe down, hannibal. Chill. The point of the matter is not to follow dumb-ass religious leaders, that's all.

TR

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I apologise if my hyperbole upset anyone, but I was trying to illustrate the point that JW's believe a lot of stuff, but they don't want to consider what they REALLY believe, what the mechanism will be for "Armageddon".

Two things triggered my post:

(1) talk of war in Iraq. I know a lot of "normal" people who would support such as war, as long as it didn't involve them travelling to Iraq to fight. So there is a certain mentality that condones war (and hence killing of people) as long as someone else is doing the killing.

(2) a memory of the territory maps used for witnessing, the old manila cards with the map glued on and housed in their little container. Supposedly as JW's believe (but will not readily admit) that ALL the people living in the territory will die at Armageddon. How easily that thought falls from their lips! I mentioned this to my dear old mother, 86 years old, and she said "WELL THEY HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR THE TRUTH SO THEY DESERVE TO DIE".
    Well I had this thought of : What if the Territory maps took on a sinister purpose? The Maps organised the work of giving people the opportunity to LIVE, now the time has come and the Maps now organise their DEATHS. OK thats a bit macabre, and it would certainly be IRONIC. Sort of like Lord of the Maps.

So I just wondered how many JW's would happily join in the slaughter themselves if asked?

Because I believe if you agree with the slaughter and let others do the killing, its the same if you do the killing yourselves. If you are a JW, don't believe you are not "guilty" of sharing in the deaths of 6 billion people just because you were hiding in a back room somewhere.

Pope

Edited by - popeoferuke on 1 December 2002 18:15:7

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Pope each person that is alive means that 100 million others will never have a chance even to be a human being, In The race for life a loat sperm dies but only one becomes a human being. Is that fair?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

950 people killed themselves in Guyana on the order of a mere man; all the people stayed to die with Koresh; what's so far-fetched to think that people not properly conditioned couldn't raise their weapons to a fellow man?

CG

• alias
    alias

I would never slaughter people.

If God requested that, he might as well kill me first.

alias

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit