Can't decide to stay or leave the Organisation?

by PopeOfEruke 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

If any current JW is having second thoughts on the religion and is having trouble deciding whether to stay in the Org. or leave, here is a simple test to help you decide:

Scenario: Armageddon has started. You are huddled in your house with your family. Suddenly a local elder appears and says "Be at the Kingdom Hall tomorrow morning at 9:00".

You go to the Hall and an announcement is made: "Jehovah has a special announcement, through his mouthpeice the Governing Body. The great slaughter of the wicked is about to begin, and Jehovah wants you all to prove your loyalty to him, by having a share in this "great and wondrous work". You will all be assigned a Territory Map, and your task will be to work in groups and slaughter all the people in the Territory. Knives and axes and machetes have been lovingly provided by the Faithful Slave, at the proper time."

The Test: If you agree to join a group and go to the territory and kill the householders, then you are a loyal servant of Jehovah and you should stay in. If you can't imagine joining in the slaughter then leave the Organisation now.

BECAUSE: if you feel its wrong for your neighbours to be killed, then it makes no difference if you do it yourself or expect other ones, even if they are angels, to do it. The angels are also mere servants of Jehovah; if he can ask them to do such a horrendous task he can also likewise ask you.

The Pope

• hannibal
    hannibal

Pope,

Just slightly over the top, with that reasoning dontcha think.

• not interested
    not interested

i guess i dont get the logic here, i actualy used to think that way " what if we had to be the ones to go and kill all the worldly people" at the time i guess i would have dont it willingly but now i dont think so..........maybe i do understand your point afterall

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yes pope, i totally understand your line of resonaing. I always used to worry about on armageddon day what i would do if my unbelieving children came running to me for protection. it is a horrible thought of all people being destroyed. but according to the bible god has done this before-S&G, the Flood. Not to say anything of all the wars the jews fought and God backed them up in.

• gumby
    gumby

Actually Pope,

I'm surprised with the time you have spent here you could even fathom the idea. Do some re-search for Gods sake!

• TR
    TR

The Pope makes absolute sense. Do you want your family, friends and neighbors, innocent people, killed or not?

TR

• hannibal
    hannibal

TR,

Wanting family, friends, etc....to live or die, has nothing to do with the Popes BS

scenario.

• LB
    LB

Naw, too silly.

• rebel
    rebel

Hi everyone,

Basically, I don't think God would want us to take part in anything so horrific. I wouldn't want to see anyone destroyed, not even the horrible elder who is always giving out to me! God knows we are humans with human emotions and he knows most of us couldn't kill another human being (well, I couldn't anyway) Also, God says he doesn't want anyone to be destroyed but wants us all to live - Also, I am not too convinced that Armageddon will be as horrific as the JWs make out - a lot of what is written in the Bible is symbolic, isn't it? (I hope it is - I don't want to see horrific scenes of people dying all around me) I am still a JW - in name only - hanging on by the skin of my teeth. A lot of what has put me off the org is the goings on in my congregation - some of the things really stink! I don't know why people can't just get on with their lives without poking their noses into other people's business and trying to make their lives hell......sorry - I am rambling and have gone off the point.

xxR

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Pope

Under the mosaic law it was the head of the family that was expected to circumcise their son themselves, but Moses couldn't do this, but he was not reprimanded for his lack of action and obedience to carry out the Law.

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit