If Jackson is not available due to compassionate reasons, can other GB member take his place?

by Viva la Vida 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

I would think the “only Christian organization” on this planet would be more than willingly send another GB member to Australia in order to answer RC’s questions, taking the place of Jackson who is taking care of his ill farther.

If someone should show compassion to Jackson those are his GB pals.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    VidaLaVida: If someone should show compassion to Jackson those are his GB pals.

I don't think Jackson can expect "compassion" from the Royal Commission. Justice McClelland make it pretty clear that the Victims are asking for compassion and that if one were to claim responsbility for people, then they need to answer to those requests.

Even in the very unlikely event that another GB stepped up to the plate for his "brother", *snicker*...I don't think the Commission would allow that. They might welcome another one of "Jehovah's mouthpiece" on the stand, but I think Jackson's affiliation with the Writing Department is what interests the Commission. The WD claims to be the "teaching" arm of the JWs and the WT expert, Applewhite, has revealed her evaluation of that material. The teaching arm is critical to how the organization transfers power in the form of rules and procedures.

Huh. I hope the Writing Depatmartment Committee (Jehovah Jackson) head has to explain the "theocratic warfare" strategy that they put in print for the JWs to adopt when dealing with secular authorities.

• kairos
    kairos

I would really feel like justice is being served if they have a GB memebr on the stand telling them how many pedo lawsuits have been fought, currently in court/pending, total cash paid to victims and the BIGGIE...

Total number of pedo cases on file. The TOTAL. ALL. THE COMPLETE SUM. HOW MANY?

This *may* happen.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Can you imagine what Angus Stewart and Mr. Peter McClellan would do to Herd, Morris or Lett?

I'd pay to see that!

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Well seeing that young Geoffrey is anointed and will "soon", "shortly" "imminently" "just around the corner" be beamed UP - what's he got to worry about - He will soon be able to watch over daddy from on high ....no?!
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    I'd pay too Oubliette, especially for Morris. He needs to be taken down a notch or two. Lett on the stand would be bizarre but fun.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

There are three options:

1. The health of Jackson's father improves. In this case the health of his father will cease to be a reason why Jackson cannot make himself available for a few hours of testimony before the Royal Commission.

2. The health of Jackson's father lingers at the present state. In this case Jackson will presumably find away to continue carrying on with life and will no longer have to holed up wherever he is, which would mean Jackson should be able to make himself available for a few hours of testimony before the Royal Commission.

3. Jackson's father expires. In this case the health of his father will cease to be a reason why Jackson cannot make himself available for a few hours of testimony before the Royal Commission.

If Jackson leaves Australia without testifying before the Royal Commission and does so despite the Royal Commission desiring to hear his testimony, the his departure will be nothing short of fleeing the jurisdiction in order to avoid giving testimony in public and under oath.

And, unlike what Watchtower's attorney has said, there is a caveat to Watchtower's Theocratic War Strategy doctrine having to do with testimony given under oath. Under Watchtower doctrine once a JW places him or herself under a sworn oath to tell the truth then WHATEVER they say has to be true. To put it another way, once a JW places him or herself under a sworn oath to tell the truth Watchtower doctrine forbids them from offering deceptive testimony.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

And, unlike what Watchtower's attorney has said, there is a caveat to Watchtower's Theocratic War Strategy doctrine having to do with testimony given under oath. Under Watchtower doctrine once a JW places him or herself under a sworn oath to tell the truth then WHATEVER they say has to be true. To put it another way, once a JW places him or herself under a sworn oath to tell the truth Watchtower doctrine forbids them from offering deceptive testimony.

How will tool O'Toole get away with denying he was aware of the concept of theocratic warfare UNDER OATH. Will he now be disfellowshipped for lying? I believe there were more than two witnesses! Let's get up a posse for the JC! Yeha!

• kairos
    kairos

Has a member of the ARC used the term "theocratic warfare".

man, I sure hope so!!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    If they were willing to for fit $12 mill and be thrown out of court in order for Losch not to take the stand there is no way in hell ol Jeffers is going to take the stand either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit