Why Did You???

by kelpie 43 Replies latest jw friends

• kelpie
    kelpie

Why did you choose the nickname you did for this forum??

Also who do you think has the coolest/funniest/weirdest name on the board?

I choose Kelpie because that is my partner's nickname for me as my initials are KLP. If you K & L together you get Kel and then you add on the P and you get Kelpie..

Also Kelpie is an Australian Dog and I am from australia. The only trouble with having a name like this is that alot of people think I am a bloke.

Just a little something to lighten people's fridays..

Kelps(who wishes she was as cute as a puppy)

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~kelpies/

edited to add link

Edited by - kelpie on 28 November 2002 19:2:41

• myself
    myself

Kelpie, I chose myself because I was tired of being what "others" wanted me to be. I found out that I like me just the way I am. Not to mention it makes other posters sound funny when they are addressing myself.

• Lutece
    Lutece

I really love the times I've had in Paris, France and the old, old name for Paris used to be Lutece, so I thought it was cute. I used to go by Pierced Angel, but I no longer fit that name.

• Simon
    Simon

I am really disappointed that I didn't think to use some 'clever' alias. I used my name ... how imaginative is that?!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

My favourite username on this forum is...drum roll....PopeofEruke....I like Bob Dylan at the best of times. Not only is the name unique, but it identifies the user's taste in music and creative thinking.

As for mine, well its kinda dull but no one says 'so where do you live??' or 'what's your name?' LOL

Not a creative thinker here.

~Beck~

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I chose mine as I drive trucks for my living,the GB stands for Great Britain.I was a bit worried about the GB bit,being a non and never has been a JW,and coming to this site through a friend who was a JW,I didnt realise at the time that the GB meant something else to JWs,nobody seemed to mind though,so I left it as it was.

Does that make sense.

Take care,

Rich.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK, here it is, the real story. When I first met my wife, as I dropped her off at her house I said, "Hey, there's something in your eye, let me get it for you." Soooo, as she's got her face turned up so I can get closer to see to take the "beam" out of her eye I was able to sneak a kiss, so my future wife says to me, You're a sly man, she shortened it eventually (and because of her New York/Puerto Rican accent to Yerusalyim.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I choose mine, LyinEyes, because I love the Eagles and that song since I was a little girl.
    When I was very young I always felt alone and like a prisoner stuck in a big house and basically trapped. Even thou the song is talking about a cheating wife , I even at that young age of 9 or 10, felt it described how I felt, I wanted to leave that house, it was sad most of the time, my dad was too controlling . When I got older I used to lead a double life as a JW to have some kind of life, and friends, I felt guility and that song again, had so much meaning to me... I felt I was lying but I felt I had to , or I would waste away locked up in that big ole house . I hated lying to my dad and I never really never wanted to , I used to never lie to him ever, but it got so bad at home, I rebelled in alot of ways. When I first came to this forum, I felt like I was hiding behind what I truly was, I wasnt ready to tell who I really was at first, I was not d/a at first. I guess I was still leading a double life, not ready to leave the old and yet so despertly wanted to run for my life. Now the name , doesnt seem to fit as much as it did before , because I have told my story, I have d/a myself, I have posted my pic and have been to an apostafest. I am no longer hiding behind LyinEyes. But that name will always be a part of who I was for so long. But most people who get to know me call me Dede, my real nick name.

• Mackin
    Mackin

When choosing a username I had a Ronnie Jordan CD playing and the track that was playing at the time was "Mackin"

It's from the CD "Brighter Day"

Edited to say, It's a cool CD.

Mackin.

Edited by - Mackin on 28 November 2002 19:54:37

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I chose mine because I live in the country. Very imaginative. Hehheheh.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit