Soooo, when I tell you I feel it's a cult

by cognac 25 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I wonder, if when someone they know to be a "good" person decides to leave -- not because they've been offended/stumbled, or had an affair, or started smoking, or wanted to become a wealthy ceo -- what does that do to a still-in jdub's thinking process?

While most will call Satan's world as the culprit, or hidden sins (cause why else would you leave the borg), surely there is at least one person with some residual thinking ability who gets jarred into doing some research.

Because when a good, intelligent person leaves and they stay... surely there's not an easy way to restore balance to the neurons going crazy in their brain. They may not take instant action, but that nagging question might just be added to many more like it to make their exit a future reality.

edited to add as I just saw this: As Vidiot said more succinctly: Because they hope, deep down, to prove to you (and therefore, themselves) that it's not.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I used to hate seeing the "cool" ones leave or get df. Because they were leaving me to deal with the boring bossy people, and it was a drag. But even so my brainwashing kept me convinced they were making a huge mistake, and I hoped they would come back eventually.

As we know, many wt robots have to experience mistreatment and injustice for themselves before their minds can THINK! In the meantime they just carry on with all the rules which includes urging former dubs to come back. Except me - I know they ain't nobody wishin' I would come back! LOL

Marina

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    cultBgone
    I wonder, if when someone they know to be a "good" person decides to leave -- not because they've been offended/stumbled, or had an affair, or started smoking, or wanted to become a wealthy ceo -- what does that do to a still-in jdub's thinking process?

It stops their thinking process cold. Due to cognitive dissonance they cannot believe that anyone would leave for any reason other than bad conduct. That's why they get the deer in the headlights look, their brain cannot take in the idea that someone would leave because they just plain don't believe it. They usually conclude you were lying or didn't mean what you said. That's why they invited Cognac to the meeting, they cannot believe that she meant what she said, as they can't put her in the "evil apostate" category, therefore she is must be just mistaken, therefore going to the meetings will fix it.
    I have told JWs that came to my door that I am an apostate, but because I smile and am polite they seem to just ignore that, they just don't believe me.
  • truthseeker100
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is frustrating when you try to reason with JW's, that because of this pre-set system in their brain, pre-set by the JW Org, they simply cannot listen and comprehend when you speak.

This means that you have to sit them down and explain every facet of what you are saying, and this springs from them living in an Alternative Reality.

I use the above as an excuse to explain most JW's absolute denseness. But some, like an Elder that knocked on my door a while ago, are not only thick, they are arrogant, and downright rude, in not listening to what you say, and they blunder on regardless.

Idiots.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS's structuring of proliferating its literature via devoted followers is the reason why the unending perseverance by its devoted followers to get people to read or obtain the WTS's literature.

The end is coming soon folks don't you want to save the lives of your friends and relatives ?

Don't you want to save your own life ?

How you persevere in distributing the literature that Jehovah supports, is how you will be measured and evaluated come his day of judgement, its a display of your own spiritual strength and appeasement to Jehovah during mankind's last days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit