Royal Commission live streamingstarting soon!

by possum 236 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mephis
    Mephis
    They're questioning Monty Baker over videolink and it seems to have died. Lots of whispered conversations as they try to sort it out.
  • Ozman
    Ozman
    The RC has lost Monty's video link....oh oh...Monty's still connected & he's having a private conversation to someone asking how's he's doing....the RC is scrambling to reconnect...
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Can you see or hear us Mr. Baker?"

I want to see him.

• Ozman
    Ozman
    His Honor asks why they can't hold a telephone up to the speaker so we can continue to speak with Monty...Mr Stewart smiles & is now discussing with others how to get him back...wait ..I hear a ring tone oh no...the RC has called the wrong number!...
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Monty expressing regret that he didn't "follow through on my question 'what about the daughters?'".

In hindsight, wishes he'd asked about welfare of the daughters. Believes that any elder would do that.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    He is defending the watchtower better then the "real" elders :P
  • Mephis
    Mephis

McClellan, "One of the conclusions available [about secrecy over pedophile cases] is that the hierarchy of the church would be embarassed if allegations of this type had got out."

Monty explains that public image is important to JWs, attracts people into religion, and it would be damaging to come out. Expresses doubt about numbers cited by commission.

McClellan explains those are church's own files.

Just personal thing, but think this poor man still is partly in the JW way of thinking even after 20+ years out. Lot of empathy for that. Was only over past year I've woken up after 20 years out too. Things which shouldn't be were still 'normal'. But he's still a human voice after those drone elders.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Monty is very supportive of JW doctrine in many areas, such as his comment that the Watchtower not permitting women elders is a bible principle that in no way diminishes their value. Interesting that he never fully moved on, even though he claims to have tried to block everything about it from his memory.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Is he still somewhat indoctrinated??

He seem to still belief the JW interpretation of the bible and their teachings..

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    He never deprogrammed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit