Told my JW Story at AA Meeting

by COMF 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Comf - your story is truly inspirational - I bet you made a great speaker!!!

Thanks!

• Beans
    Beans

Thanks to the Internet many are getting out, thats fer sure EH! Must have felt good standing in front of a bunch of people and telling that story!

Beans

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Fred)))) I so wished I could have been there to hear you speak! I've been involved in Al-Anon (off and on) for almost 12 years. I was introduced to it not too long after my JW exit. Honestly, it's basic principles have literally saved my life in several occasions. Even in the periods of my life where I didn't hit meetings regularly, it gave me dozens of tools to use when I felt my life spinning out of control and becoming painful. I'm so proud of how far you've come in your life story. No matter what religion tells you, I believe you are really right where you're supposed to be at in your Life. I know you're agnostic, but I'm not. And I believe God is proud of you too!

Thanks for being such an awesome friend!

Andi

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

WAY TO GO!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

EXCELLENT a witness and a testimony at the same time WELL DONE

• Mum
    Mum

Captain of your fate indeed! Congratulations! I remember one of your posts on H2O entitled something like "4 years today, buddy." Can it have been that long? Here's to 4 more years, and 4 more, and 4 more, etc., etc. etc.

Great speech!

Regards,

SandraC

• jurs
    jurs

COMF,

I enjoyed your post very much as I'm sure your AA audience did. I chuckled over how field service solves all problems ! I think only a JW can appreciate that you are in no way exaggerating that absurd concept!

jurs

• Simon
    Simon

Good way to tell the story COMF - I think being very 'reasonable' and not rolling off a big list of grievances against the WTS is a lot more powerful and convincing.

• mike047
    mike047

Captain; Congratulations on 8 years and your sharing with others.

Mike; of the sober for 7 years "dork" class.

edited for spelling...naturally.....

Edited by - mike047 on 25 November 2002 6:39:59

• moana
    moana

comf:

Have been recovering from jw's for 27 years - 16 years as a friend of Bill Wilson. I really believe that running from the cult made me run from having a God of my understanding. If I didn't find the program no telling where that fear would've took me.

I truly enjoy all the wonderful things I read here - I know I should be working, but it really helps me a lot.

Happy Turkey day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit