women and augusta

by hannibal 17 Replies latest social physical

• hannibal
    hannibal

This probably has been debated hear already, but after reading

another op-ed article this morning on the subject I thought I would

see what people thought about allowing women members at augusta.

Most if not all of the articles i've read support women members being

allowed, and say this is just like discrimanating based on race.Back in the 60's

blacks were not allowed in augusta or any other country club for that matter,

and not allowing women is the same type of discrimanation, most have argued.

I tend to disagree. I feel discrimanation is wrong in any form,but to have all

male clubs or all womens clubs is not discrimanation. I feel this millionaire

Dr. Burke should put her time and efforts into something more benefitical to

women,and not something that affects vary few.

For Dr. Burke to tie this in with race discrimanation does a disservice to all

those who have do deal with it on a dayly bases, I feel. I think there IS room

for gender spacific clubs, schools , programs , etc... There is no room for race

spacific anything.

• LB
    LB

I honestly don't see a problem with either mens clubs or womens clubs. At the gym I go to there is a large area that is off limits to all men. It's for women only. There are no mens only rooms other than the locker room. I honestly don't see the problem.

Now if women want to be alone in their own club, then I don't want to go there. I know I wouldn't be welcomed and made to feel uncomfortable. Why would I want to go?

• not interested
    not interested

imo, i think that women shouldnt be allowed into Agusta, Hannible we have golfed many games togather and you know how frusterating it is, when your behind a group of ladies tht cnt hit the ball farthe than i can spit and your constantly waiting,waiting, waiting,waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg, besides, the grounds keep[ers would have to go and make special ladies tees, you know, to make it easier for them.

know i know that my opion about this will make a few ladies mad at me, but if you think about it, its true, men should golf and wemon should sit at home and cook and clean and raise children, thats what god created women for, isnt it?

ok now that i have some people pissed of at me let me just say IM ONLY KIDDING,

but i do feel that if the male members of Agusta wnat it to be men only then so be it, just like boyscouts are for boys and girl scouts are for girls

• hannibal
    hannibal

Notinterested,

Without the womens tees how would we have the D...out rule?

P.s. i'm drinking your MGD.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

not.......... *thwack* (just kidding)

I can tell you that it is just as frustrating to be a woman on the golf course behind men who can't play and be waaaaaiiiiiiitttttinnnngg- not knowing how to play is not gender specific. And not knowing when to let someone behind you play through is ignorance of the game and it's etiquette. Weekends on the golf course will bring out many who don't know how to play that well. So, at least here, if you don't have a very early tee time on the weekend, you are entering the twilight zone of golf!!!

And I'm with hannabal- how would you play D outs with no ladies tees????

XW, of the "Big Bertha Steelhead Driver" class

• not interested
    not interested

Hannible thats a good point,

but the d-out rule was created by wemon so if they arent allowed to play then there is no need for the rule, maybe thats the reason that they dont want wemon in Agusta,

personaly i think its kinda fun rule depending on the gals playing,

and you better back off my beer......dang i cannot belive i left that at your house!

• not interested
    not interested

XW ,

why the thwack? i know that your a good golfer, rember when i said that we should go golfing sometime well that offer still stands, for next summer, i know that you probably wanted to sharpen up your game a bit,

ps are you gonna force hte d-out rule

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

not--------

That rule wasn't made up by women!!! Are you nuts? Yeah like we need one more place in the world for you to be whippin out your Johnson!!!!! LMAO. The rule was made by guys to humiliate other guys silly

XW of the "I didn't want to play at your stupid golf course anyway" class

• hannibal
    hannibal

XW,

alright, were going to have to get to the bottom of the origin of the d.. out rule.

No way do guys do this with guys only, unless there drunk. On second thought

your probly right.

• not interested
    not interested

hannible,

how many times have we played golf togather and of thoes times how many were we drinking,? point is that we never played d-out, no foursome of guys that i have ever played with wanted to play that rule, the only times ive ever played d-out is when there are ladies playing, hence i say woman invented that rule

NI (of the no d-out with other guys class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit