women and augusta

by hannibal 17 Replies latest social physical

• Buster
    Buster

To set the record straight, I don't think Augusta has a rule against allowing women into the club. They just don't do it.

Forcing women into Augusta would be quite a setback, for the club and for the country. It is every man's right to be a pompous xenophobe in his private life, including his choice of how he runs his clubs. No woman, or man for that matter, has a right to belong to any particular private club.

Of course the rest of us have rights too. We can NOT watch. We can NOT support sponsors. - that stuff.

In the meantime, remember how absurd they seemed before they had any balck members, that a man that for all practical purposes could not be a member, looked like the perennial favorite to win?

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

The right now men and women are trying to find common ground so women can be thought of and treated as equel.

This is a good and noble pursuit but, there should be places women can go and be with just other women and the SAME should be for men.

So many woman want equality at all costs and so many men would love to view women as such that they forget privacy.

For instance.....we are of the opposite sex and chemical reactions can happen....not that people run around like animals in heat but, often there are places a woman (and I am sure even men) would just like to be left to relax.

Example....when I was a younger woman and I went to the health club....I couldn't get a good work out! Always some guy OR guys would be staring or coming up and handing me lines...etc. At 1st it's flatering but, I mean it gets to be disruptive and lets be honest....I didn't want to make up for a work out. Then one day came womans work out world! I was so HAPPY!!! I could now go and work out and RELAX. I love that kind of thing...you know.

Now I am sure men would love a place to go and not have to worry of how they look and belch without a condesending look.

I don't think it is a mark of equality that a mens club has been forced to allow women in but, rather a mark of insecurity on women fighting for such things. The existance of such places do not make woman less equal to men but, compleatly equal in that we are confident enough in ourselves to let men have a place alone where we don't get to peek in!

Ok just my 2 cents worth...or less

Ty for listening.

bye bye 4 now

agape,

Utopian Raindrops

• hannibal
    hannibal

Utopian_Raindrops,

Good post, I agree 100%

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

It's stupid golf, who gives a rats ass?

• FlyingHigh
    FlyingHigh

chasing a little white ball all around trying so smack it down a little hole. Is that fun???????????

• FlyingHigh
    FlyingHigh

Hey Hannibal and Not Interested. Hows it going?

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Hi FlyingHigh!!!

chasing a little white ball all around trying so smack it down a little hole. Is that fun???????????

Yeah, actually it is. It's something that you can always improve on. You can compete with others in your group but essentially it's a game you are playing with yourself. It can be very frustrating and very rewarding all in the same round.

And if the guys you are playing with don't hit their drive past the ladies tees- it's D- OUTS!!!!

XW of the "Titlelist" class

• not interested
    not interested

flyinghigh,

Im doing fine, hannible is good too, IM going to see him later on this evening, ill tell him yousaid hi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit