Ozzie's Weekend Poll #27

by ozziepost 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Things are warming up this side of the Pacific as we approach the summer season, so it's good to have a little relax and a nice cuppa. Time also to think of our poll for the weekend.

Are you ready? Are you sitting comfortably?

This weekend's poll question is:

What thoughts did you have during house-to-house witnessing?

1. I'll knock softly, don't want to disturb them.

2. I hope they're not home.

3. Is it that time already?

4. I hope I can share the life-giving message here today.

5. Is it coffee break time yet?

6. Why did I have to work with _______________ today?

7. Wish I lived here!

8. Isn't this the place where Brother ____________ has a study?

9. I feel tired.

10. Did I turn the stove off?

11. What am I going to say?

12. How many mags have I got to place this month?

13. I DO like this witnessing!

14. That book study overseer is such a jerk!

15. That new brother is such a "try hard".

16. I hope they didn't see Dateline/Panorama/Sunday.

17. What a grotty place!

18. These people look like they may like to hear about an Amway distributorship.

19. They've got a cross on the door. Crazy "born agains". Won't get anywhere here.

20. Other (please detail)

Choose just five at most.

Happy polling!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

"#'s 2 and 11.

Also #20, "Help me keep a straight face when I turn on the tape player in my head."

• Jesika
    Jesika

1-------but it was so they wouldn't come to the door

5------ but it was hamburger time, don't drink coffee

2------- i used to act like i knocked, but didn't (only when I was working with someone cool) which leads to my next answer

6------- since this person would tell if i didn't knock or ring the bell

7------- the houses where usually nicer than the ones i lived in or had a beautiful landscape

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

My thoughts were in this order:

20. Hope I can find an excuse so that we can stop early. Or in a similar way, hope my partner finds an excuse so we can stop early.

9. I feel tired.

2. I hope they're not home.

3. Is it that time already? [time to stop that is]

And 20 again, during the entire thoughtprocess decribed above, I would fantasize about how my free afternoon would look like.

• fulano
    fulano

Nr. 1 and 2.

In missionary-service, DR, nr.20 : What a nice legs she's got..What a beatiful eyes...

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

1 looks like rain ?

2 Latest article in Awake mag. on birth control - got it word for word in my mind - 95 years old woman comes to the door !

3 thumb strategically placed under door knocker

4 curtains are closed leave this one

5 milk still on step as above

5a big dog as above

KT

Edited by - kaytee on 24 November 2002 7:3:52

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

20 I will walk to the end of the road and start at the end house (offering to do so, as its a very very long road - might just be in time for coffee-break before I start)

21 Overhearing a brother who sells life assurance for a living - last week he was selling life assurance to the public, this week he is telling them armageddon is imminent !

Twink

• blondie
    blondie

#5 (but more like where than when)

#Other--I hope they're home, I hate making not-at-homes.

Actually I liked talking to people when I felt I had something good to share and to learn. What has turned me off preaching is I no longer feel I have something good to share preaching the WTS message. People like talking to me. I have had complete strangers approach me to tell me their troubles, because I am approachable. Most times I have no solutions, but they feel better because for a moment they did not have to carry it by themselves. That is why I still do volunteer work but I pick the program and the message, one that I can support in good conscience.

Blondie

(edited for spelling)

Edited by - Blondie on 24 November 2002 7:33:20

• Francois
    Francois

#2. In fact. If I was alone and there was a bell, I just made a show of pushing the bell, I didn't really push it. I acted like I was pushing it, stood there about 15 seconds then skedaddled back to the car.

• Undecided
    Undecided

It's been so long since I called at a door I can't remember what I thought, really. I can remember how glad I was when the time was up for that service day. I was always glad when working in the rural area and someone had a long conversation so I could listen to the radio while waiting. We never took coffee breaks. Seems like another world to me now.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit