From JW media site - you've got to be kidding!!!!

by NameWithheld 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Embalming--Is It for Christians?
    Just what is embalming? Why has it been practiced? Is it for Christians?

This is worse than that "Are cat's for christians?" article - except that one was a joke and this is real!!

Wow. At this level of absolute inane stupidity (JWs need to be told everything) it won't be long before we see this study article ...

Wiping my ass--Is It for Christians?

Edited by - NameWithheld on 22 November 2002 14:26:20

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    If family members and friends are coming from a distance and there is a desire to view the body, no doubt the remains will have to be embalmed to some degree.

So, who wants to lay bets that eventually they'll figure out to what degree this can take place?

• Celia
    Celia

Aaahahahahaha... Funny I know JWs' answer if you ask them about all these recommendations in the WT and Awake, will be that in third world countries, people don't necessarily know about hygiene or whatever... There was once an article about wahing your hands after going to the toilet... and before handling food...

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Too late, Namewithheld, we've already had a study article on "easing nature"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=23040&site=3

Enjoy!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

LOL Joy, I forgot aabout that one. Careful though - we know they monitor this site, so we just might see that article show up in a new Asleep mag if one of the writing boys suffers writer's block and needs to meet a deadline. I bet it would slip through the GB 'editing' session if the nurses forgot to change the GB's diapers before that sesion

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I dont want to be embalmed. Let me rot in peace.

• Scully
    Scully

NameWithheld:

we know they monitor this site, so we just might see that article show up in a new Asleep mag if one of the writing boys suffers writer's block and needs to meet a deadline.

Hmmmmmmm that would be interesting.... I wonder if I could sue them for copyright infringement if they used that article?? Heh heh heh

Love, Scully

• blondie
    blondie

In the past, some older JWs felt embalming was wrong and can be quite pushy about these concepts with newer JWs. Their reasoning is:

Among the ancient Egyptians embalming was customary. They evidently did it because of their belief that the preserved body was necessary so the persons soul could eventually be reunited with it.

But both Jacob and Joseph were embalmed in Egypt and by Egyptian physicians. So the WTS says it is acceptable for Christians today.

Of course, if also depends on the laws and customs where you live.

Some JWs feel autopsies are wrong too.

*** w87 4/1 31 Questions From Readers ***

Is it fitting for a Christian to permit an autopsy on a relative?

The Bible does not directly comment on autopsy, but there are some relevant Biblical thoughts that a Christian can consider. Then a personal decision can be made in the light of such texts and the particulars of the given situation.

These are pre-1950 thinking (that they are wrong) and do not appear on the WT-CD.

This thinking goes hand in hand with the immunization stance and then sudden change.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I want to be cremated because I don't want anyone looking at me in the coffin and saying that the funeral home did a better job on my makeup than I used to do.

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I had a JW cousin who was killed in an especially bad auto accident. His remains were so badly damaged that his family had him cremated.

Some of the JWs complained when they learned of this... some rubbish about destroying the "temple of god". The complaining was so bad that during the funeral service the speaker actually spent about 10 minutes explaining why it is OK for a JW to be cremated.

What was worst was how the speaker also commented how great it was that WT literature was scattered around the accident scene... instead of playboys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit