My Wedding Uninvitation

by LB 18 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I admire the fact that you are able to not hold any resesntment against this young lady. I have admired also the stance you took when DAing yourself and making it known that wanted no more to do with the org. Unfortunately now you are having to suffer because of it. But it's great that you are not placing the blame on one who is blinded by the org.

In the short time that I have visited here, I have come to realize that you are one of the most level-headed, fair people here. I have enjoyed your posts very much. It's you and people like you that have made me realize that "apostates" are not nut-cases or "return to vmoit" devil worshippers.

• LB
    LB

You are all very kind people and I thank you for the wonderful comments. I am not nearly as nice a person as you've made out and I still do some things I'm not proud of. But thank you.

Ozzie I knew I had read somewhere about an uninvitation before and I couldn't remember who wrote it. I imagine you stayed away, right?

But on another note about my DAing. A very close witness friend called me yesterday and we are meeting up this weekend for some recreation. So things do balance out I guess. She and I have talked for a long time and I know she'd quit herself except for her family. She attends just enough meetings so they'll remember who she is.

• freeman
    freeman

LB, You are total class all the way!

Freeman

• Mary
    Mary

LB, you are the definition of what a Christian should be, not the hypocritical Pharisee-like attitude you often see at the Hall .

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

Rats, it was going so well for you. sorry to hear you were uninvited.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Hey, LB!

I'm going through the similar situation for myself. Well, maybe a little bit different.

I had 3 jw students. In summer I let their parents know that I've DA'd and if they want to take piano lesson from someone else, I said that I'd be happy to assist on that. They all said that they would like to stay with me. And for last coulple months, they changed their mind.

Two quit without any advance notice (they were supposed to give me 30-day notice other wise they have to pay me the entire month tuition), and one gave me one week notice. I'm now trying to deal with these cases. The first student quit and I owed her a few lessons. So I didn't bother to exercise our contract - besides I was in a better mood with the jws at that time. The other two tried to quit just this month. Now I am exercising our contract. I don't want to be nice to them anymore. If they leave me, I'm going to leave them as well. If they want to go about the Watchtower policy, I'm going by my studio policy.

As you did from your friend, I expected this, too, but much earlier. But I am angry, and hurt.

• LB
    LB

All too typical sunshine. What a shame. We're evil these days I guess.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Gee LB, reading your post make me tear up.

I'll pray for Kimmie's happiness as you requested.

• LB
    LB

Thank you Dutchie. It actually is bothering me more than I thought it would. But I'll deal with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit