My Wedding Uninvitation

by LB 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

Well the lovely young sister let my wife know today that only she would be invited to her wedding. I'm not in the least surprised. I know she really likes me and that her first inclination was to have me attend regardless of my DAing myself recently. But, they got to her of course. This is to be expected.

I actually believe I would have attended. She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. If she were not a JW she could have been almost anything. She's pretty enough to be on TV. Smart enough to do almost anything and actually very much an athlete. Yet she has only been allowed to pioneer. At age 23 she still lives at home.

Born in the truth and destined to stagnate in it too. I told my wife to let her know that I fully understand her feelings. That I am very happy for her and that I want her to have all the happiness in the world. Also to tell her not to feel an ounce of guilt over my uninvitation.

I am tempted to post a picture of her here. Just so you can see the girl I really enjoyed visiting with. I have one from when she was 18. But I don't want her to get any grief over it as I'm certain that I have been spied upon during my time here. I am not paranoid about it. There has just been information given to some witnesses that I have only posted about here. Not a big deal, but a caution to those of you who are still hiding.

One of our trips to Maui we took her and her sister with us. They come from a poor family and we knew they'd never be able to afford going there. The one thing I am certain about is that she will never forgot that vacation. I am glad we were able to take them with us.

Oh and for you little Shady Cove spies. I'm still Al. I haven't turned to drugs or anything else. I'm the guy I always was. Just a little wiser. A little less brainwashed. If you say a single lie to Kim about anything I've said about her. I will hunt your ass down and make you pay. You know me well enough to know I am not bullshitting, don't you.

Yep, a little anger came out there. But I suppose that is to be expected. But the anger is not directed at her. Just at the circumstances that couldn't be helped.

So any of you that still pray, send a prayer off for Kimmie and her lasting happiness.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Good post, LB. I have a feeling she'll wise up one of these days. You're setting a good example for her!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hey man,

I too have a little sister that I love dearly. If they give you any shit, let's get together, rent a very fast car with no top, buy four double barrelled shotguns, two cases of whiskey, and go on a Texas Turkey Hunt in Brooklyn!

CZAR [of the "Yee-haw" class]

• ozziepost
  • LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Lb,you are someone I truly admire. You have alot of common sense and wisdom, the JW's are losing their best men that is for sure. I admire you for the time you take with the young ones , scuba diving and all. I know you wife must have a hard road ahead of her , for I am sure they will try to question her about your motives,,,,,,,,,,but knowing you , I am sure she is prepared for their endless crap ............ tell her we think of her too, thru this whole ordeal of you being D/A.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    I told my wife to let her know that I fully understand her feelings. That I am very happy for her and that I want her to have all the happiness in the world. Also to tell her not to feel an ounce of guilt over my uninvitation.

LB: The sincerity of your feelings comes right through this post and I am certain that she will know that you truly care about her and her happiness and that she must walk her own path.

You are a caring and decent man and I think you will later have more influence than you can realize right now. The fact that it doesn't matter and you care about her so much speaks volumes.

My hat's off to you LB!!!

hey, when's the tattoo??? We want pics!!

XW

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

((LB)) You're attitude regarding this is admirable.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

LB,

I've long suspected that you are one of the nicest guys on the board; this post just confirms that! As has already been said, your sincerity really does come through and I think Kim is extremely fortunate to know you and have you as a friend, even if she is brainwashed at the moment. I think most people remember those who truly cared and were kind to them; I doubt your friend is an exception and you just never know when she might be able to see the difference between the real friendship you've shown her, and the fake friendship she receives from her "brothers and sisters".

I don't often wear hats, but this morning I put one on just so I could take it off to you!

Dana

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((LB)) This must hurt!!! I remember after I was df'd, one of my closest friends was married sometime after. It really bothered me that I wasn't invited & couldn't watch her on her most special day.

I'm sure Kim will miss you in turn, regardless of what her chosen religion dictates she must do. I can't imagine it will be easy for her to know you aren't in the audience. What a huge heart you have LB - "christian love" has no better expression than what you posted above.

P.S. - If you need any more people to accompany you & the missus to Hawaii however, err...ehmm...I'll gladly fill in Kim's shoes!

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

LB you are truly a man I can respect. You show Christian love how it's suppose to be shown. I hope that if I'm ever in the same position I can act in the same manner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit