"Are you ready to Die?"

by breeze 30 Replies latest jw friends

• breeze
    breeze

I don't know about the rest of you but I spent the better part of my life believing that I would never die!!

I think I have dealt with it....but it still almost seems unnatural...

We are all going to DIE????

• musky
    musky

Great thought! When I was growing up I thought the end of this old system was near. I thought , I may not make it through middle school. Then it was " I may not make it through high school ". Then, "I may not make it through all my job training". Now I think I may die of old age someday. I also think it is possible that God may put an end to things sooner. I just don't dwell on it.

• shera
    shera

For the first 18 yrs I believed I was going to die and go to Heaven,the next 5 I believed I might live forever if I amounted to the WTS standards.Now,I realize I'm gonna die and mabey go to another after life.I accept now,what ever comes.

• Kep
    Kep

I looked forward to dying when I was Df, coz then the pain would be over.

Now, I have a fantastic life with 2 little girls. I don't want to die, I want to grow old and see them have their kids.

When it does happen I will be happy with the thought that I have had a good life and there is no way ever that I would want to be living forever in a JW paradise. So there will be a smile on my face for sure.

Kep

• freedom96
    freedom96

I want to live long enough to enjoy and know my great great grandkids, along my wife's side.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Please don't think I'm 'flip' , but I've really come to the point in my life where DEATH has no real 'power' over me ... meaning, I totally believe that we really don't die, only the body gets old or can cease to 'live', but we ourselves continue on according to a divine plan. Don't get me wrong, I can be an emotional crybaby at the loss of a family member or friend, but only from the stand point of missing their presence for a time.

Am I ready to die?..... whatever .... hopefully, I've accomplished whatever it is I'm suppose to do or learn during my journey in this life.

• ballistic
    ballistic

No I'm ready to die right now. This is like an inner contentment I can't explain. I expect some of you think it morbid, but I don't want to die, I'm just stating I'm ready when it comes.

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

As a JW I feared death terribly. I lived on the hope that armegeddon would come and that I would make it before I got old and had to die. I use to lie awake at night and picture what it would be like to know nothing at all. I mean totally nothing. Dumb huh? I mean, nothing is nothing so how could I wonder what it would be like.

Now I have come to know that for those that belong to Chirst there is no death ....period!! What a relief. I no longer fear death.

1John 5:11 says that "He who has the son HAS LIFE." It does not say will have life later... but has life (present tense)

Jesus said in John 8:51 that if we follow his word we will NEVER SEE DEATH.

The apostle Paul said in 2Cor 5:8 that he would rather be away from his body and at home with the Lord.

Paul said in Philippians 3:20 that our citizenship is in heaven and in Acts 7:59 when Stephen was being stoned to death he said to Jesus before he died.." Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

I mean, where was my head when I was a witness? These scriptures were there all along. Funny what truth you really see when you read the bible without the watchtower glasses on.

agape love gold_morning

• Solace
    Solace

Wow,

What a good question.

Although I dont want to die "right now", I believe that I have done my best with my life at this point. I would feel comfortable knowing that I had worked hard to improve and make good the situation I was born into. If I was to die tomorrow, I would have no regrets other than not being able to spend more time with the people I love.

• gumby
    gumby

I fear the dying part. Suffering, or the fear before an impending death. I have never heard personally however of a person who WAS dying saying...."Im afraid to die". I think when you know your there, you learn to accept it.

I hear ones say hear their reason for living is so they can see their grandkids grow up and enjoy life with them. When your grandkids are JW's and they can't see grandpa anymore unless you become a witness again.......that is a reason to live you do not have.

It looks a little bleak for many of us in this situation but I guess you have to work past it. I'll be happy if I am able to do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit