What do you fear the most about the WT cult?

by Claudia Kittel 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Dede,

When you look over all you've learned about them--the failed prophecies, the doctrinal screwups and flipflops, the arrogance, the gossiping, the behavior totally unlike what "God's" true followers should be doing--how can you fear them?

Sure, I sometimes vaguely thought about trying to go back, years ago. Now? No way. I've seen too much, read too much, burned my bridges mentally.

I feel sadness for those still in it. I feel frustration when logic and common sense fails to convince an active JW that the GB is wrong on various matters. With some of the stories posted, I sit back and think, "You've got to be...kidding me. Nobody can be that cruel or callous." And then I think of their answers to Silentlamb's charges, the Dateline and Panorama programs, and I think, "You thought you'd seen it all...well, guess what."

If God desired no one die, would He have "shaken the tree" in 1975 and made many fall away by giving the GB false info? Not if Titus 1:2 is right. So I blame those in the GB.

Sometimes I think the WBTS is the biggest con job ever pulled on the world. The ultimate religious scam. Like Christ said about the Pharisees being like whitewashed tombs, outwardly pretty and inwardly dead.

The only thing I "fear" about them is I'll miss seeing them get the royal kicks in the ass they so richly deserve.

• Mr Spock
    Mr Spock

The whole Witness religion is based on fear.. All religion for that matter. IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT WE SAY YOU WILL BE DESTROYED!!

• terabletera
    terabletera

I do not fear them for me. I don't fear them for my kids either because I have and still do explain why we left, over and over to them. I do not want them to go back. I am no longer what a person would call christian but if my children wish to become christian, I'd not stop them. But JW? God yes! I'd do all I could to stop it..so that old saying 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure' is what I practice now.

I fear the WTS stil because my mother is in it. They control people by irrational fear. Really it is irrational if they could just allow themselves to sit and think on it. I, personally, feel that all religion is irrational. Not pushing that on anyone but it is my honest feeling on the matter. I think there may be a god of some sort but not the one in the bible. That one is grossly negligent and cruel..only to claim insanity on those charges. So....

But I see the WTS as a dangerous thing what with the blood issue and shunning which incourages suicide. JWism, like any cult, is dangerous. Not as much as some, more so than others.

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

For a good number of years I was perpetually in fear of Armageddon coming, that I had been wrong in turning my back on the teachings of WT. I would have those nightmares that you wake from shaking and sweating...impending doom crushing down on your heart till you were sure it would be left broken.

I don't have those feelings now, I guess I have been able to overcome it and deal rationally with the reality of life as I live it now. I no longer have belief in God, or anything that resembles a god. I accept that I may be wrong on that call but I don't find the thought stressful or devastating. Just rational and acceptable. There is no fear in not having to answer to a god or anything else other than myself. What a relief :)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The fear of the big A is much like the fear of hell-fire as taught by the RC religion. Different name, but same effect. Keep the R&F in fear and you can control them.

How sweet is freedom!

Cheers, Ozzie

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

I think the big 'A' is no longer the fear inspiring instrument it used to be. Even the most loyal jwdub now looks very pragmatically at any kind of 'prediction', having been burned so much by blunder's like 'stay alive till 75', and 'this generation will not pass away' hype.

To me it is the DISFELLOWSHIP clause that holds most of them by the gonads. Fear of losing thier entire life style, family, friends, and support.

I truly believe that the wtbs will never reform this policy. It is what is holding the entire leaking ship together at this moment.

Danny

Edited by - DannyBear on 26 November 2002 11:9:16

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit