What do you fear the most about the WT cult?

by Claudia Kittel 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Claudia Kittel
    Claudia Kittel

When I was a jw, I think what I was most afraid of was being hurt. I did everything to keep myself from getting hurt. I banged on doors with the best of the Pioneers. I went to all the meetings, so everybody would like me. I was a doormat. I even taught my son to raise his hand and give answers to questions. My husband, who was a factor in getting me to join the WT, told me it was my fault that he didn't go to meetings. He told other sisters a different story. He told them that he refused to go to meetings until he could stop looking at women and imagining them in the altogether. The first time I heard him say this, I did not know what to think. Then when he said he wanted to get baptized, I simply figured that he had licked his problem. But a year later, he said it again to another sister. I guess this was his problem; he only wanted to tell this to sisters. I know a lot of sisters were scared of him, but so was I. I was scared that he would hurt me, and I was scared that other sisters would hurt me, too, so I was a doormat. It takes a long time, when you've been a doormat all your life, to stop yourself from being one.

Thanks to Jesus, I am no longer a doormat.

Praise God!!

• truman
    truman

Claudia,

I knew some JWs in Central California named Kittel. Do you by any chance have any connection to relatives in that region?

I know what you mean about being a doormat out of fear, both as a JW and as a wife. I have spent many years doing just that, until I figured out that the only way not to be a doormat any more was to pick myself up and say "no more". It was a hard lesson to learn, but thankfully I finally got the message life was trying to teach me.

truman

• ugg
    ugg

the elders!!!!!!

• SYN
    SYN

Fear? How on Earth can you fear something so ludicrous? That would be like "fearing" malevolant pink unicorns!

Fearing them is simply a really easy way to give them power over you. It's heartening to see that you're no longer a doormat.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

that they'll endanger the lives of many of their followers.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

As a child I was terrified of a) armagedon, b) demons, and c) bad men coming for me, d) being tortured by satan's evil goverments when they came to perrsecute the JWs, and e) Jehovah.

It's a wonder I'm not permanently screwed up from all that! Or wait, maybe I am ....

Edited by - NameWithheld on 21 November 2002 10:33:50

• Swan
    Swan

Koolaid!

I fear that some day they will convince many of their followers to do what the followers of Jim Jones did and commit mass suicide. To a degree they have already done that. Many have died from refusing medical procedures that the WT told them they should abstain from (vaccinations, transplants, and blood transfusions). Many have died in other ways for taking a stand for the beliefs of the WT cult. Christian Longo killed his whole family believing he was doing them a favor by sending them to a resurrection to paradise.

To think that some day my family may be convinced to sacrifice themselves without question, as Abraham was willing to do with Isaac, and as Jesus did for them, is a very scary concern for me.

Tammy

• fulano
    fulano
    As a child I was terrified of a) armagedon, b) demons, and c) bad men coming for me, d) being tortured by satan's evil goverments when they came to perrsecute the JWs, and e) Jehovah.

It's a wonder I'm not permanently screwed up from all that! Or wait, maybe I am ....

Edited by - NameWithheld on 21 November 2002 10:33:50

I recognize this so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was afraid of demons every night,,,

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I fear the most , that in the end they are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God that would be terrible.

But I don't think they are, just afraid I might be wrong.......... you know doubting your own reasonings I guess.

• rocky220
    rocky220

The only thing I fear is that people like JR Brown and the rest of those WT. Jokers may never get their come-uppin's...........rocky220[from the but I know better class]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit